“Great Pizza”

Cornerstone Pizzeria
Ranked #3 of 119 Restaurants in Coburg
Reviewed 14 December 2017

Great Italian food we ordered Pizza and we were not disappointed, thin base not oily I would order again the antipasto platter looked divine as were some of the other meals the down side is being charged $9 to take your own bottle of wine which is quite steep Service was good considering the place was full, food is reasonably priced and decent portions It does get rather noisy but that wont stop me going back. I look forward to our next visit

1  Thank Cynthia C

Reviewed 10 December 2017

Warm and inviting from the moment you step in to this funky eatery. Very personable staff who were very accommodating despite us not having a reservation on what what a super busy night.Our waiter offered a seat at the window but as my elderly relative couldn't sit on a bar stool, he made a super effort to have us seated at a table. It was very much appreciated.

The menu is extensive and has gluten free and vegetarian options. Drinks are reasonably priced and generous.

We opted for a calamari and fat chips with aioli and an eggplant parmigiana.
Absolutely delicious! A look at what other people were eating showed exceptionally generous sized portions of yummy looking food.

My relative has been here many times and says that the food and service is of that quality all the time - very impressive. I came up from Geelong for this visit and I'll definitely be back. Well done on providing a great dining experience.

1  Thank blackbird1105
Reviewed 9 November 2017

Dined at this glorious place for the second time Wednesday the 8th November 2017. Mussels, for starter is a firm favourite now, so much that we requested and were honoured with taking home a container of the outstanding sauce for our table at home. My husband had the Seafood Linguine, the best he has ever had, and he has eaten "pasta con frutta di mare" in every corner of Italy. I had the steak, not only cooked to my liking and as requested, but melt in the mouth, with potato mash, and mushroom sauce to die for. The fresh green beans were cooked well retaining a crispness and succulence that was utterly enjoyable. I am sure that they value their chef as he/she is a real asset. Driving by regularly as we live around the corner, it never surprises us to see it busy every night that it is open. A must if visiting Melbourne a gem within 20 minutes of the city centre.

1  Thank Fiji_Goddess
Reviewed 3 October 2017

This restaurant is a typical Italian restaurant. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming. The food is delicious and the staff are efficient. You don't expect such a high quality restaurant in the middle of a suburban Coburg Street. It's location is great - it's a short walk to the Nicholson St tram. No parking - it's amongst homes. But plenty of street parking. It was not a long wait for food. It was a birthday party so there was food to share. Lots of pizza. Pizza - good base and sensible toppings. Quality toppings! Had polenta chips which were surprisingly very good (don't usually go of the polenta) and beetroot salad. Friends had calamari which apparently was soft and tasteful. The meal sizes were generous. The prices were appropriate for the quality and portion sizes. Highly Recommended

1  Thank Maria M
Reviewed 23 September 2017

We drove passed this pizza shop and decided to try it, we were not disappointed.
Busy and loud place, we had Polenta Chips & Calamari for entrees, then pizzas, could finish the piazzas so took them home.
Great Service and the prices were reasonable.
Book if you want to go unless you want to wait for a while!

1  Thank EucalyptDrive