“Relaxing lunch!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

We brought our dog but couldn’t go on the top patio but allowed at the pier patio. Worried that we would be forgotten about since we were the only ones out there, but our waiter was very attentive. Don’t remember his name but was a foreign exchange student- he made an excellent waiter- gave us food suggestions and made sure we always had water, and came back to check on us. The tacos were delicious - we wanted basically a snack to keep us going til dinner. The patio was nice and relaxing- nice views and people watched while we had our lunch. The other waitress also came by with a water bowl for our dog- so thoughtful!

nverdile, Manager at Boathouse On The Pier, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

I’m guessing Andy! He has been a great addition to our Boathouse Team. I am so thrilled to see that your experience was everything we strive to make it. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 2 July 2018

Yes, the view over the Lake, particularly at sunset, is spectacular. But that in no way made up for the rudeness of being ignored. It was almost like an organized practical joke -- except it wasn't. I had to beg for everything -- sometimes two or three times. It seems nobody was my assigned server. Pretty poorly organized staffing, I'd say.

I am so very sorry to hear about your experience. This is definitely not how we want you to feel and this will be addressed with our staff. I hope we can earn your business back again.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I are on a getaway weekend in South Lake Tahoe and the highlight of our trip beyond the natural beauty of the Lake Tahoe area was going to the Boathouse Restaurant and having a few drinks. Johnny the bar was fabulous. He really made our trip great, we went two nights in a row and thoroughly enjoyed each visit. We had excellent service, conversation and a great view of Lake Tahoe. I would highly recommend a visit when visiting South Lake Tahoe.

nverdile, Manager at Boathouse On The Pier, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

We love Johnny too, glad you feel the same! Thanks for the great review. We appreciate he recommendation and hope you come back to see us again real soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

Different dishes that were very fresh and good. I had the Wonton chicken and my husband had the tuna Poke. We enjoyed just sitting looking at the lake.

nverdile, Manager at Boathouse On The Pier, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Yum! Two of our most popular dishes! Come back for more, we look forward to another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I walked down the beach to have lunch at the “ Boathouse on the Pier” I’m glad we did. We stepped through the door and was greeted by Abby who was so cute and bubbly and let us pick the table we wanted. We did choose outside but the wind came up to about 17 mph so we moved inside. Our server was Krista and she was amazing so friendly and acted like she really liked her customers and enjoyed her job. Jonny Mac ( great personality) made my Margarita and when ( he ) brought it to the table which made it special he stayed and talked awhile. I can’t say enough about the great service because they were all superb.
The only 2 drawbacks I had was we ordered the fish and chips with tartar sauce but it wasn’t to our liking because it wasn’t really tartar sauce but something made with sour cream. We think you should get tartar sauce with fish and chips. So it was disappointing.
And I think for a drink to cost $14 which was ok but I think it had to much ice and not enough margarita ( that’s my opinion) All in all it was a great experience.

Such a great review, thank you so much! We are thrilled to see what a great time you had at the Boathouse.