“Good Pizza”

Base Camp Pizza Co.
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Established in 2012, this is the third restaurant for the Tahoe Restaurant Group. The two established restaurants are Fireside Pizza at Squaw Valley ski resort and Rubicon Pizza at Northstar ski resort. Headed by Ted Kennedy and Marc Vaccaro, the company is commited to a relaxed, family atmosphere with great food. All locations have games for the kids to play while they are waiting for their food.Base Camp Pizza Co. is the brainchild of long time friends Ray Villaman and Ted Kennedy. Ray is a 20 year restaurant veteran including - California Pizza Kitchen, Boston Market, the California Restaurant Association and even a short time as President of Blimpies.Come by and try some of our signature dishes: Spinach and Artichoke Dip, Smokey BBQ Chicken Pizza, Thai Chicken Curry Pizza, Italian Herb Shrimp Penne, and our signature Spaghetti Bolognese with Meatballs
Reviewed 5 March 2021

Base Camp Pizza

Staying in Heavenly Village I did not want to get in a car and drive for my pick up dinner so decided to try Base Camp Pizza. I thought the prices were a little high but after tasting my pizza I with the quality and quantity of the toppings and the overall pizza the price was not to much out of line. I selected the Fire Roasted Medley (Roasted garlic and fresh basil, tomatoes, roasted onions and peppers, and savory goat cheese, topped off with our own four cheese blend) with added sausage. Ordered online and the restaurant both texted and called when my pizza was ready. Was able to walk out of the Grand Residence and pick up my pizza, no problem. The problem occurred on the walk back to the hotel. Even though my mask I could smell this pizza and it was so intoxicating that I wanted to stop mid step, open the box and have a slice. I did wait until I came back to the room and with the first bite I knew I had a wonderful pizza to eat. The crust was just right more on the thin side and the cheese and toppings were great. Though not the pizza I love when I travel to NYC and have a Julianna or Lucali pizza, this was one fine pizza. Due to the amount of toppings the medium size pizza I ordered was enough for me to have for dinner that evening and for lunch the next day. I will for sure be going back to Base Camp for some more food the next time I come back to Heavenly.

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank caneguy
Write a reviewReviews (2,655)

Reviewed 18 February 2021

Of course because of the pandemic we had to order online and take out. The price and quality of the pizzas we ordered was not too good. Hardly any chicken on our specialty pizza and it was burnt. Both crusts on our chicken specialty pizza and pepperoni pizza was too thin. I guess the pizza would be great if we were able to dine in, but will not order online to go pizza again from Base Camp.

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 19 January 2021 via mobile

Excellent Pizza selection with indoor and outdoor dinning. Fresh ingredients, good atmosphere with live music

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 11 December 2020 via mobile

We ordered a roasted veggie pizza for pick up and it was delicious! I would definitely eat there again.

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank CriticalpamReturns
Reviewed 11 December 2020

The pizza was awesome. We loved it and we cam back for one more 2 days later, before our vacation ended. The music playing was relaxing and enjoyable.
Good job!