“Good food, relaxing atmosphere”

Izabella Ristorante Italiano
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

We visited Izabella on our last night in Tahoe. The restaurant is quiet with a relaxing atmosphere where one can reflect upon the day, or in our case, upon the end of a wonderful vacation. One can dress up or come dressed casually. The waitstaff was attentive and had good recommendations for both wine and beer. I had the Chicken Marsala and my husband had the salmon special. Both meals were well prepared. My only caution is that this may not be a great choice for small children. The only thing on the menu my now grown children would have eaten was the spaghetti. I did not notice a children’s menu. Just a caution; nothing more.

1  Thank Kathy D

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

My wife and I ate at Isabella and it was wonderful. Eric gave great recommendations on food. We would go back!

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

Chose this based on reviews and it wasn’t bad at all but certainly not worth a 5. Had a minestrone which was ok and a chicken parmagiana which was huge and very average.

Service was ok friendly enough but we had to ask for the wine, the pepper, the bill, the credit card machine. You get the picture.

Also find the split plate charge offensive. The kids didn’t want to eat the babyish kids menu so shared a vongole and a garlic bread. As well is my husband and I both having starters and mains. So it takes ‘the mick’ as we say in The UK to charge $3 to put onto two plates.

Another example of Italian done very averagely.

2  Thank IncognitoJones
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Had an amazing meal .. the best preparation of eggplant parmigiana ever. Generous Caesar salad .. enough for two to share. Excellent service and lovely food presentation.

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Such delicious food and service. Rather large portions but we managed!!! Excellent desserts. It was so good we went back the following evening. Always a queue so make sure to book beforehand.

Date of visit: July 2018