“Best meal ever!”
Review of Mykies By The Bay

Mykies By The Bay
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Parrearra
Price range: US$16 - US$32
Description: Mykies By The Bay is the perfect function venue for corporate events, birthday parties, engagement parties and wedding, privet function and fundraising events. From indoor to outdoor or on the beachMykies By The Bay Restaurant & Bar have the solution for your next event top place in Kawana Island location, close to Caloundra, Mooloolaba, Maroochydore and the surrounding Sunshine Coast suburbs. What We Can Do : * Degustation Dinner *VIP Events *Seating up 200 people * Private Dining Room *Full or Part Exclusive use of Restaurant *Wedding Ceremonies & Receptions *Birthday & Anniversaries *Family Reunions & Private events *Christening *Themed Events *Networking Events , Board Meetings ,Conferences and Seminars *Business Dinner and Team Building Events
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Thank you to Von and Stephanie for making our night out special! We started with Duck spring rolls and garlic cheese pizza bread and then moved on to the best rump steak and crispy skin salmon followed by sticky date pudding and all washed down with a superb bottle of wine! I have no idea why we haven’t been here before especially as it’s so close to us.
Would definitely come again and I just don’t understand why other people have written such negative reviews. This is a fantastic restaurant and deserves patronage.
It might be a good idea to take a cardigan as it was a bit cool by the lake.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (158)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We've been to Mykies numerous times but this time it was the worse we have experienced. COVID has affected every small business, however customer service and quality of food should be a priority in these hard times. Unfortunately, the owner of Mykies By The Bay doesn't see it this way...our meals were extremely poor and definitely not value for money. It appears the owner is now the chef and it is very noticeable he is trying to cut corners and doesn't care about his food - which doesn't help his business. We did mention our food issues but no apologies, just excuses. The way Mykies By The Bay is going I doubt it will survive COVID which is a great shame.

Date of visit: January 2021
1  Thank Be H
Reviewed 6 December 2020 via mobile

I don’t easily write negative reviews and I think the staff and chef at Mykies mean well but the food just wasn’t that good.
We had the seafood pasta and it had an ample amount of seafood but the sauce with a combination of tomato, olive and cheese just didn’t go well together.
We also had the spicy pizza with chilli and it was quite hot as many would like but again just Ok.
Try it for yourself and you might like it, but for me I would have been happier to stay home and not spend the money.
Sorry Mykies

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 6 December 2020 via mobile

I took my wife here for our anniversary brunch date. The location is perfect, on the water at Double Bay, nice views, good breeze. Waiter we had was funny and attentive. Coffees were good, ordered breakfast, 40 mins later still hadn't arrived, queried it, and it came out 5 mins later cold. Smashed avo with egg was still ok cold, but other meal with cold bacon was not. Feta came out as cubed not crumbled as on the menu. Complained about the delay and was given excuses. Not good enough.

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 12 November 2020

This week (10th November 2020) I went to Mykies for lunch with five visitors to the coast. I have been to this restaurant a number of times in the past and have had an enjoyable experience. On arrival we were asked to enter our details in a book by a very unfriendly employee. While we were doing this the employee disappeared and we were left to find our own way to our pre-booked table. The waiter was friendly however. After being told of the day's special myself and one other guest decided to have the special, which was salmon. The order was placed shortly after 12 noon. The waiter returned sometime later to advise that there was only one piece of salmon and would one of us like barramundi instead. I agreed to this change and after a considerable period of time the waiter returned to advise that the chef had cooked two pieces of barramundi instead of the salmon. No offer was made to rectify the mistake. When the meals arrived I was surprised to see how small the piece of fish was. It appeared that only one piece was cooked and then cut in half.
When I went to pay for the meals no apology was made and no offer of compensation.
I have had my last meal at Mykies and my visitors will dine elsewhere.

Date of visit: November 2020