“If my tongue could have an orgasm, this is the place it would”

Smoke Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Paoay
Description: Smoke Bar and Restaurant is a full service restaurant with the best view of the World Heritage site Paoay Church. We serve authentic southern US smoked meat, chili, and other American themed dishes as well as the local specialty dishes. Serving for lunch, snacks (merienda/pulutan), diner, or just a drink over the great view. Our specialties are also available as pasalubong to bring home to enjoy. Daily Happy Hour: 5-7PM!
Reviewed December 24, 2017 via mobile

Tried most of the food here, and i wont lie... it made me fall in love and go to heaven. The ribs are amazing and the pulled pork and lamb is to die for....
And omg the laing is the best ive had in the entire country (i love laing so i eat it everywhere its available)

youd do your taste buds a great injustice if you didnt try the place <3

Reviewed November 10, 2017 via mobile

We been for dinner with a group of seven, which was no issue to have a table prepared in minutes, even it was main meal time and the restaurant was quite occupied.
The menu has a good selection even it has only a limited variety.
Food quality is good, typical bbq flavours, portions are adapted to the culture and for none locals on the smaller size.
All meats tasted have been well marinated and very tender when tasted, some meat are smoked and that done inhouse by the „american chef“.
Service was very attentive, yet friendly and we did not have to wait for anything.

Room for improvements are the deserts, the kalamasi tart was rather small, and so was the spiced chocolate cake each came by a size of 1‘ x 0.5‘ but very tasty indeed. The dutch waffles with ice cream are served like in holland, do no expext real fluffy waffles, they are served with the thin waffer traditional kind of the real thing.
Prices are reasonable for quality, size and service offered.
Some menu items you can purchase raw, for cooking at home, they do their own bacon and other meat dishes, they also have a good selection of crafted beers.
Bonus point is the excellent view of the Paoay church right next to it, a „UNESCO heritage“, just beautiful at night with all the lights on.
Would we return, you can bet on it.

Reviewed October 23, 2017

The original plan was to go to Bistro Al Fresco because their pasta and cakes are freakin' amazing, but we arrived too late, and they were already closed. I almost threw a fit because I was so upset. Haha! Seriously.

So, we decided to go to Smoke Bar and Restaurant, instead.
At first, we were like, "wait, do we have enough money for this?" I mean, we're Ilocanos. We're known to be really stingy. We wanted turn back, but then before we could turn around, Smoke's awesome staff greeted us. Well, too late to back out now. Haha!

Our server's name was Claire, a sweet Ilocana, probably from Paoay, based on her accent. I'm judgemental, I know. She gave us the best seats in the house. We were then greeted by Jackie or Jack, I'm not really sure. I couldn't read the Edwardian Script font on her name tag. She introduced us to the menu and gave us a really fresh start. By that time, I was already very very excited.

We then looked at the menu which was printed out on pieces of thick paper on a clip board, but they just opened, so I totally understand.

First thing that caught my eye was the buffalo wings, since I am a very big fan of spicy wings, all thanks to BUFFWINGS. I really loved the LoTR reference. Pretty impressive.
Then of course, we also ordered their house specialty, their American Slabs. If my memory serves me right, they smoked these babies for 6 hours to give it that really beautiful smoked flavor.
We also ordered the Cajun Shrimp because, we really like cajun, and we like shrimp. Haha!
Nachos! Of course! Nuff said! The world needs nachos.

Claire took our order after warning us about the buffalo wings. Jackie or Jack came to warn us as well. Then the chef, I didn't really get his name, but he's Caucasian, personally came to our table to warn us about the buffalo wings. I was already freakin' scared. But my parents raised me to be a strong man. So whatevs. Haha! I'mma handle this challenge with dignity.

The chef then gave us a more in depth understanding of their food. He then mentioned that the Pulled Pork is his personal favorite. So yeah...we then ordered that too. I was really happy how friendly everyone was. From the servers to the chef. If I had more thumbs, I would give their service crew a hundred thumbs-up.
After a few minutes, our food came flying out of the kitchen. Really short waiting time, considering the fact that there were a lot of other customers last night.

Again, we were warned about the buffalo wings. Haha! These people need to chill.

Words cannot express how happy we were when we first took a bite of their American Slab. It was so rich in flavor. I just...ugh! So good. Plus they gave us extra sauce, which is awesome! Like most restaurants don't do that! It was sweet with a little soury-citrusy aftertaste, which I love love loooved!
They gave us a lot of shrimps for our Cajun Shrimp order. Very generous. It was just a bit overshadowed by the other amazing dishes we tried.
The Pulled Pork was bursting with flavor and came with a special sauce on the side. Pulled Pork sauce was excellent. I drank it. Yes, I did. Stop judging me!
We were very happy with the nachos. They actually layered the meat, cheese, and nachos. Unlike most restaurants that just pour the sauce on top.
Now for the buffalo chicken wings...oooh! That sucker was terribly addictive! Haha! It starts out sweet, then it becomes a little sour, then just when you thought you're in the clear, it betrays you and fills your mouth with fire! I literally felt like I was Smaug! Definitely my favorite! I even finished the spicy sauce that the wings were swimming in.

Jackie or Jack came to our table a couple of times, asking if we needed milk. But no! Milk is for the weak! Haha!

We ate so much, that for a moment there, everything turned white. Good thing Jackie or Jack pulled us back to reality and offered us their Dutch Waffle dessert. We did not refuse, of course. Haha!

The Dutch waffle dessert was surprisingly delivered by a Dutchman. Haha! He looked really really excited and proud of his dessert (and he should be). The dessert was like an angel that took away the pain that we felt from Mordor's revenge. Only regret is that we didn't have enough space for a second serving. Haha!

Overall, the experience was perfect. I would definitely recommend Smoke Bar and Restaurant to everyone. It is worth every centavo. Like, I'm not even kidding. The food went beyond my expectations, partnered with the really good atmosphere, and incredibly friendly staff. We even left Claire a nice tip, to show our appreciation for the world-class service.

I just wish they'd expand to Baguio, so that I wouldn't miss it too much when I go back.
Lots of <3 <3 <3 sss for you, Smoke!
Till next time!

#SmokedBarAndRestaurant
#AmericanSlab #Nachos #BuffaloWings #Spicy #PulledPork #DutchWaffles #WhippedCream #Cajun #Shrimp #Jalapeño #CaliforniaReaper #Delicious #Amazing #SmokedMeat

1  Thank Ambrosius V
Matthias S, Manager at Smoke Bar and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words! We're glad you enjoyed your visit this much. Hoping to see you again soon!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

Smoke has the perfect view of Paoay church, which is beautifully lit up at night. Food and service are spot on. Recommend the smoothies, baby back ribs and the frozen Dutchman dessert.

Chris_Stolk, General Manager at Smoke Bar and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2017

Thanks for visiting us, and glad you enjoyed yourself. Hope to have you back again soon!

Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

Try their version of Ilocos longganisa and bagnet! Really good! Smoke is located right next to Paoay Church so you won’t miss it!

Chris_Stolk, General Manager at Smoke Bar and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2017

Thanks for the review, Xavier! Glad you were able to sample some of our versions of local dishes.