All reviews heritage tour day tour cultural show italian restaurant walking tour an overnight stay cafe marivent la bella welcome drink philippine history old house beautiful place modern amenities las casas filipinas traditional filipino cafe del rio jeepney ride
Reviewed 1 December 2017

The place is so awesome , it's like reminiscing the past, all the memories of our grandparents house just came back and it's such a wonderful time to recall and relive those days again. We stayed there for a night, check in was good but we were overcharged, my mistake I didn't had the time to search other websites to compare, We were charged way over the normal amount. I wish Front Desk would provide water for people who are checking in and out, like a water counter, it was so hot and we asked the Front Desk lady for water but only arriving guests were given " Sago't Gulaman Drink ", not fair huh , we all get thirsty even when you are checking out. , the room key didn't work and we couldn't get in and front desk was at the first building, no phone because we cannot even get into our room, so we looked for other employees to help us, when we got in, the room wasn't exactly to our liking so we requested to be move and the second room was so much better. After that, the rest of our stay was excellent. The breakfast was so wonderful. The dinner at the restaurant was excellent. Jeepneys run all the time, so when you are tired walking , you can always catch it. Kalesas were available too for a fee . We had a great time exploring the place and took so much pictures to show our friends. We highly recommend the place and come 2018 , our friends from Las Vegas are going to stay there per our recommendation. We will definitely go back there the next time we visit the Philippines but will do better research on the rate.

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend & i went on our first adventure for 2017 at Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar. Located in Bataan, we took a 3 & a half hour drive to travel back in time; to be immersed in a culture that respected Spanish-Filipino architectural design. One couldn't help but get lost in it's warm embrace. Upon arriving, we paid PhP 1,500 per passenger that served as entrance fee, & got 2 food stubs that let us enjoy a simple buffet dinner for a lower price. Although we were not able to see some houses & their interiors (as they had guests inside at the time), we took pleasure in marveling from the outside instead. A few reminders though, bring water in case you get thirsty, wear comfortable clothes & shoes, & enjoy.

To experience the romantic feels, take the afternoon day tour & have dinner in one of their restaurants.

We absolutely had a wonderful time.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

Let’s start with something good. We checked in last Nov 26 to 27, 2017.

The heritage tour was really great, though it is not PWD friendly since all of the houses have stairs, we were told before hand so it’s ok. The guide that we had was really a great story teller. The performance on the Casa Biñan was also really good.

That’s all for something good.

Now for most of our stay, here’s our experience. We paid a total of 3 room when we stayed here, 1 in Escolta and 2 hotel rooms in Acessoria 12. As a frequent traveller, I had the assumption that towels will be provided, however, only the Escolta room had towels with them, both our rooms in Acessoria 12 doesn’t have any towels. By the way when we checked in, no one assisted us when we were checking in on our rooms in Acessoria 12, especially we have a PWD with us (my mom), but in the Escolta room, 3 staff have helped us check in.

Our companions in the other room 1202, called the receptionist to request for a towel, the receptionist instead of accommodating the request insisted that there are towels in the bathroom, even though we were reporting that there is none. After a while, they did provide towels to that room.

Now coming to our room in 1201, I called the receptionist around 8pm and requested for towels, lo and behold, she was insisting that there were towels in the bathroom and even asked me I am sure there is none. My point is I wouldn’t be calling and requesting for towels just to joke around. So she said there will be coordinating with housekeeping and ask them to bring in towels. Come 10:30pm, our towels have not delivered yet. I am already sleepy and would want to take a bath already but I can’t since there were no towels available. I called them again, asking where the towels are, lo and behold the receptionist responded “sir the towels are in the bathroom” and I told her, that I called earlier and reported that there were no towels and she said the she will ask someone to deliver them to us. I guess she came back to her senses and told me again that she will ask someone to deliver the towels. That is the only time our towels were delivered.

Another point I would like to share, it seems that the staff were not aware of what is included in the package that we avail. So I would suggest for those who would like to stay here for overnight (I highly recommend not to) check the inclusions of your package since the receptionist wouldn’t tell you and would just assume that nothing is included in your package aside from the breakfast and access to the pool and beach. This is again a surprise to me, because with all the tours I had and places that I have been, every time I check in, the receptionist would explain the package that I have availed.

Las Casas is great for a day tour, but ultimately not a place to stay unless they improve their hotel services and train their staffs well.

Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank Carl Elexer A
Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

Nice place to visit and very interesting.staff are helpful and accommodating,there are 2 restaurants inside the vicinity,Italian and Filipino cuisine,although they’re a bit expensive,there are loads of restaurant outside the resort which is more cheaper.

Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

Accomodation: overrated. No stars for their superior deluxe room. A fly that kept buzzing around us greeted us on entrance to our room. We were about to report it when we noted that the telephone line was down. We callled the attention of some service crew outside the building and the housekeeping came back to tell us that they’re going to spray our room w an “organic” insecticide. What? With us inside? Apparently yes, when all they need is a fly swat! Ok, no fly swat available. But how can we leave our girl inside the room alone when maintenance is doing its job on their telephone line, the only link to the front desk, for two long hours. Ahhhhh! We spent a fraction of our precious vacation watching over the repairmen. We we’re practically running to catch up on our scheduled tour after, that in our hurry, we left our ticket at the room, which meant, no free disposable wet towellete after the tour. Yes, strictly: no room card/ticket, no towellete even after my pleas to the tour guide. As if those disposable miniature cold face towelettes would put their business down! As if, we didn’t have to pay 21 k for two superior rooms for 6 people! As if we didn’t have to pay them with sweat and blood to reach our rooms after an unassited jeepney ride from their front desk building to our hotel building. Night time was likewise terrible. The glass panels near the ceilings allowed warm lights to penetrate the whole room. No curtains blocked these. And the noise of the AC breaker kept me wide awake imagining ghosts of the past in these eerie rooms where the only modern fixtures are the those found in the comfort rooms. Unpolished chipped off tiles of the past, antique looking beds and olden cabinets are not fun to be with at night, huh!

Food: overly expensive. We’re not misers, but we couldn’t stand to pay with our good money for their food monopoly. And the waiting time could last forever as well. We went out to partake of seafoods galore at an outside resort. Breakfast buffet, although free with the accomodation, wasn’t a consolation either. It was good for construction workers: unlimited rice, bread, egg, dried fish, papaya, porridge, coffee, juice set in a a noisy, packed place.

Oh, in fairness, those old houses set in a vast area are a sight to behold. Picturesque sights, that’s what you pay for.

Date of stay: October 2017