“Awesome architecture re-construction”

Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bagac
Reviewed November 10, 2017

You have to see our heritage being reconstructed to believe how beautiful it is. Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar is Awesome! Mr Joselito Acuzar has been brilliant in building back these houses and making history with it!!!!! He brought back to life our heritage. Re-building all the houses and at the same time providing livelihood to the community is a great idea. He owns 400 hectares of land right now and only 26 hectares has been used. Reviving the culture and bringing back those good old days. I hope to go back after 5 years to see more of his work.

Room Tip: Venetian like houses - accessoria is excellent!
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank DokOsang

Reviewed November 7, 2017

I agree with one reviewer who said one overnight stay is all you need to experience the breadth and depth of Las Casas. It's certainly a beautiful place and the restored buildings are gorgeous. You can do the tour, ride the tram, go swimming, etc. We also got to watch a carabao race, folk dances, palo sebo, spider fights and other interesting things. We rented a golf cart and sipped taho while doing our tour. My only caveat - food prices are a little expensive. Would definitely go back if given a chance. The pictorial looks fun.

Stayed: October 2017
2  Thank David D
Reviewed November 6, 2017 via mobile

The resort has beautiful landscape and amazing location. It boasts a huge private beach and some amazing architectural beauty. The staff is very well trained, the tour of the property is informative.It has all the ingredients to become a huge success but...
1) The food services meed major overhaul if they have to attract foreigners. The italian restaurant which is amazing....is only open for limited hours. The breakfast has no options for vegetarian or western food. Beach bar has no food options. Basically you are stuck if you prefer choices when you dine :-). They are accommodating though and try custom make dishes but I ended up eating fried rice almost every breakfast with omelette

2) The cultural show is more like a high school play with mediocre performances. It just doesn't stand out like many other performances I have seen in other places

Management needs to execute the vision of the owner..its a shame that Many people have written reviews about food but doesn't seem to have changed anything.

This place can become a MUST VISIT place and can attract many tourists if they start to pay attention to detail. Its all about experience and not necessarily the location!! Good luck

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
4  Thank KapsLoves2Travel
Reviewed November 5, 2017

Stayed 3 days and 2 nights at Executive Suite as a family. Upon arrival, we were greeted at Casa New Manila and given a welcome drink (sago at gulaman) which is so refreshing. We arrived early; check-in time is 2 pm but they allowed us to explore the place so we decided to take our lunch at their Italian resto- La Bella Teodora at Casa Binan, located near the church. We ordered calamari, Quattro formaggi pizza, 3 orders of pasta – aglio olio, carbonara and Bolognese. The food is not very impressive but the place is elegant.

Then, we headed back to the Reception Area to get our room keys. They ushered us to the back door of the building beside the river and to my surprise, a balsa was waiting to transport us to Paseo de Escolta where our suite is located. The boatman or bangkero was like a tour guide, pointing some houses, gave a brief history and some trivia. It’s a relaxing short trip though it was really hot. He offered umbrellas but we opted not to use them since we were enjoying the views and the cruise. We stopped near Casa Lubao where he called two golf carts to finally lead us to our room. I was delighted because we were able to ride the balsa and golf cart for free even for a short time. Balsa ride costs Php 500 for a cruise and golf cart costs 650/hr; maximum of 4 pax including the driver. Jeepneys are their mode of transportation.

Our suite is a two storey house with a loft good for 6 person (3 queen size bed) with sala set, dining set, bathroom on the first floor. One bed is located in the 2nd floor as well as the big bathroom (with bathtub) and the other beds are in the loft. Their beds and pillows are so comfy and the place is really spacious. Our room has complete amenities including a safety box.

We explored the resort. We used our smart phones to capture the sceneries. So many places and views to discover. We’re so amazed to see different houses and how intricate their designs. It was really amazing! My husband and kids together with my nephew availed the entertainment room for different games. I even taught my son how to play sungka. At 4pm, we watched the carabao parade and race and the palosebo at the beach. My kids were able to ride a carabao without charge though I gave a tip to the owner. We also watched the sunset at the beach. In the evening, they set a buffet dinner at Plaza Belmonte with a cultural show complete with stage and lights. It was a good performance but the dinner is so expensive, PHP 999/head considering there were only limited choices. You can also watch the show for free even without availing the dinner buffet. After that, we had a night walk in the other parts of the resort. We also visited the beach where they have a bonfire set up and it was such a nice experience.

The resort had a lot of guests so we had a buffet breakfast in Hotel de Oriente, instead of set up breakfast. We also rented a boat for our island hopping. We also rode their tramvia. Inclusion in our package was the Heritage Tour. There was a pocket performance included at the tour by Tanghalang Tatsulok. They were excellent performers. The tour itself was very informative. The tour guide was lively and well versed. We were able to visit some casas at the resort. Hotel de Oriente Tour has an extra fee of Php 150 (for check in guest, P200 for day tour guests). The highlight was the lobby where wooden sculptures and figures crafted by artisans from Paete, Laguna and Betis, Pampanga, which fuse Filipino images with Western motifs for remarkable effect. It was really grand!

However, there are things that needs to be improved:
1. Quality and price of food – they’re expensive, more seafood please and more choices in the menu.
2. There’s only one set of billiard table, one dart, one table tennis. With so many guests at the resort, how could we enjoy these entertainment games? You could just play for minutes because someone is waiting for you. There are kids who wants to play than stroll the place.
3. There should be a faucet in every arch in the beach so that you can easily wash your feet to remove the sand.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
4  Thank mcargonza
Reviewed November 4, 2017

A mini van full of my family stayed at Las Casas Filipinas overnight.
From Manila its approximately 3 hours drive to Las Casas...
-Beautiful old historic houses of past eras.
-When we arrived, we were given welcome drinks at the check-in building. We were then driven by Jeepney to our accommodation building.

PROS
- Beautiful spacious rooms - comfortable beds, pillows, A/C
- Given bathroom toiletries on arrival, such as shampoo, soap, slippers.
- Extremely helpful and alert staff at the restaurants
- Great tour guide, who gave informative tours of the old houses.
- Fantastic onsite nurse.
- Delicious, filling Filipino breakfast

CONS
- Limited places to eat - only 2 restaurants were open, a Filipino Restaurant and Italian Restaurant.
- My Philippines based relatives felt that the meal prices were quite expensive based on Filipino standards, but to us Aussies its still affordable based on conversion rates. A whole fried chicken = 600 Pesos, which I felt was still affordable.

I just wanted to thank the staff at the Filipino Restaurant and the onsite nurse for assisting my father when he fainted just after having his breakfast. Thank you for your prompt action when my father collapsed, and assisting us hold him up and keeping him awake. I wanted to thank the reception staff for taking into consideration the incident with my father, and allowing us the option to do a late check out if my dad stayed longer in hospital.

I was wondering whether someone could please forward me the contact details of the Community Hospital close to Las Casas?? I would like to send a personal thank you to the staff.

Overall, bar the incident with my dad getting sick, I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Las Casas. Beautiful place with exceptionally helpful staff.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Chuckylena
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bagac
31.8 km away
31.4 km away
Le Charme Suites
Le Charme Suites
#1 of 3 in Subic

Been to Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar? Share your experiences!