Lowest prices for your stay
$37
Priceline
$34
Agoda.com
$27
Official Site$59
Booking.com$41
Hotels.com$37
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 19, 2019

This is a beautiful facility. I have been galavanting around the rural areas of Bohol for the past 20 years of my life, and I have instilled in me a mindset to not expect anything from the services and facilities found in the rural areas. But Isla Hayahay is a true gem. One of the best hole in the walls I've ever been to. Let me enumerate my points.

1. Their staff is well trained. They know how to professionally and courteously answer the phone. They were kind, considerate, and were very helpful during our stay. I was really pleased because my experience is otherwise in the rural places I've been to.

2. They have very good prices. Not cheap, but very very very reasonable. Definitely not a rip-off because you get the price of what you pay for. The food was good (except for the rubbery overcooked calamari, but that can improve) and I really appreciate it that they let us stay in the view deck instead of the cottage because we had a very elderly person with us. So they were kind enough to be flexible with their policies to accommodate us in their view deck and allow our van to pick us up near the restaurant.

3. It felt very exclusive and private. This is far more quiet from the usual nightlife of Alona, Panglao, or Tagbilaran. And it is also way way ahead of the usual facilities you will encounter in the interior places in Bohol or the local resort facilities near this side of the province. It had a really nice view of the sea and the hotel's facilities were also very pretty.

The conclusion is, even if we were just a group of peculiar day trippers, every single one of us had a lovely time. They were able to make our once in a blue moon family outing special and memorable. I would really love to try and spend more time here in the future.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank eenamorata
Reviewed June 7, 2019 via mobile

Great room the air conditioning the table chairs and beds perfect. The staff is very friendly and efficiant. Great food selections and presentation. Breathtaking View ❤. Will rent a couple of rooms next time and take the in laws.

Had a great time and its a great value.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Kuya_alvin_2
Reviewed May 26, 2019 via mobile

5 Star rating bc was as advertised.
First, very clean and comfortable. They use inverter AC, so make sure you use upper level function with regular AC.
Though a small TV, they have all the upper tier channels in the Philippines. There is coffee/tea in the room. As Well as all day free coffee/tea in the dinning area, it not a huge resort so walking to get a cup is no big deal.
Pool was clean and clear.
When we checked the room was CLEAN. The Shower had excellent water pressure.
Remember you are in the middle of nowhere I say this because of lizard droppings. They were none when we 1st arrived, but some the next Morning there was a few. Which is a GOOD thing. I'd rather have gecko's taking care of bugs, than BUGS EATING ME!!!!
The Wifi is stronger in the Dinning area, weak in the room. But, The STAFF informed us about that. BUT REALLY, if your on a VACA, UN-Plug and RELAX. I'm sure you will have plenty of time later to log in.
The staff was there to answer any concerns. Always greated with a smile.
Breakfast was pretty Good. Eggs, toast, "CRISPY " Beacon with a tomato wedge and watermelon.
They have a mini refrigerator with soft drinks in the room and in the dinning area there is ice cream available for a reasonable fee, which was refreshing. Been to and heard about some resorts really JACKING prices.
I guess there is diving in the area. But we like to snorkel alot. As you approach the ocean, go to the left, there was plenty of fish to see.
We drove there, there is limited parking, but the walk is VERY SHORT.
There is a bar by the pool area that appears to be well stocked.
Though rated 3 stars, the peace full location and nice staff makes it a great place to spend a couple of RELAXING days.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank peteB1313
Reviewed March 27, 2019 via mobile

Isla Hayahay is a great hotel & resort. I stayed 3 night with my diving group and had a really nice time there.

The staff is very helpful and nice and the managers are great people to meet and take great care about their place.

The bar is vey nice and has a great choice of drinks and coktails and is located next to a nice swimming pool.

I had great massage there : very skilled and efficient & relaxing.

Overall a great experience that i would highly recommend.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Sharky1982
Reviewed January 29, 2019

We absolutely loved Isla Hayahay.

Location: The location off the coast of Bohol Island on tiny Pangangan Island is great. Far from the busy towns and very tranquil. The road to the island is a great drive on the motorbike.

Facilities: The room we stayed in was the Loft which was a great size and superb value for money. Also very clean. The resort has a pool and a poolside bar. Both well maintained.

Staff: What makes this resort stand out is the incredible staff. And I mean INCREDIBLE. From the managers to the kitchen staff and cleaners - all very helpful and friendly. They made the stay so easy and relaxing.

Food: The food was the best we had in Philippines by a long way and they do their best to cater for all dietary needs.

Other: They helped us organise tours and hiring a motorbike. We were able to try the bikes before committing and the staff made it very easy to return etc.

Thank you to Robert and his partner for a very memorable stay!!

Room tip: The Loft was a great room (you get Wifi from the restaurant in this room)
Date of stay: January 2019