Hotel Restaurant L'Escale
W Verbier(Verbier)
US$385
  • Pool
Central Hotel Verbier(Verbier)(Great Value!)
US$148
All reviewshammuesligreat locationfloorskiingbathroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 26, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here 2 nights en route to Verbier
The rooms are attached to the restaurant

The rooms are basic, very clean, nicely decorated with little knick-knacks. the beds were very comfortable, lovely duvets and we slept well.

We knew about the shared bathrooms, which we were concerned about, but in fact it was not as bad as we thought. They were throughly clean.

There is a separate men's toilet, ladies toilet, shower room and separate bath room. There are 8 bedrooms, but there was no problem getting to use the facilities. The bedrooms have sinks with soap and towels.

We ate dinner in the restaurant, which was very buzzy and busy (Saturday night) food was very good, wide range of choice, and service very friendly

We had breakfast (provided with room) croissant, bread cheese ham yoghurt muesli, juice coffee. Basic breakfast but very fresh and nice.(no hot food)

We would come back if looking for a cheaper place to verbier to stay.

The hotel is,located 3/5 minute walk slightly uphill from the Le chable station.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed December 27, 2016

This very nicely interior decorated restaurant would benefit from less bright lightning to create more ambiance. Personnel is very professional and welcoming. During dinner the "Chef" kindly shared some of the background to the dishes ordered, and ascertained that all dishes are freshly prepared without any "Mis en plat". In an somewhat adventurous mood and abandoning my quest for relatively healthy food temporarily, I had a "Terrine" with deer with wild blueberries (regionally plucked) as a starter and wild boar with seasonal vegetables. Well-prepared, interesting, but not overly exiting, and certainly not further sophisticating my sense of culinary adventure. My accompagnants were happy with their selection.

Stayed: December 2016
Reviewed March 19, 2016

I stayed here for nights and it was fine it's very basic and your toilet and shower are in the hallway but I knew that so no issues with me I was happy and safe here and if you want to ski in the 4 valleys and need a budget room this is your place. It's a 2 min walk to the cable cars to Verbier etc plus in the evening there is a good bus service back from Verbier which I used each night. Nice helpful staff and a little restaurant and bar included. I did not find it noisy at all so all good for me

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank Dom A
Reviewed April 4, 2014

We stayed one night on the way to Verbier - a pleasant little hotel, nothing fancy, but neither is the price - friendly staff, clean twin room (just by bathroom facilities), simple breakfast, nice little bar restaurant frequented by locals, good value - we would stay again

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Grizzletta
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Simply furnished but very clean rooms. Bathroom on the floor. Ideally situated near the cable car to Verbier. Familiar atmosphere and very friendly staff. Nice restaurant with traditional dishes. If you don't need 4* comfort it's the ideal place for you (not too expensive comparing with the prices in Verbier...). Nice breakfast, homemade jam.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends