“So-so”
Review of High Street Cafe

High Street Cafe
Ranked #3 of 669 Restaurants in Taguig City
Description: Nine culinary neighborhoods; one High Street.
Description: Nine culinary neighborhoods; one High Street.
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Considering high review ratings and the price, our expectation is also high. It's not that their food is not good but I think it just did not reach the level we're expecting for. Waiters' service is good but the chefs (or cook?) is not. Most of them are not attentive and even leave their station (especially the one in noodles). There are lobster but nothing fancy about it as you have to eat it cold and just topped with or dip with dressings. Few choices in their sushi station, lots from desserts but for some you also need to pay extra. Also cold food from their grilling station. Additional 300 for non-alcoholic drinks. Good ambiance. We have satisfied our curiosity as we tried their restaurant but i just really dont see much value for the money here (4.5k for two with drinks).

Dine S, Manager at High Street Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2018

Dear Ailene,

Thank you very much for choosing to dine with us and also for giving us your honest feedback. Indeed all your comments are duly noted. We will make sure to cascade this to the whole team. We hope we could still invite you back in the future, if ever, please do email me at Kevinpaolo.hernandez@shangri-la.com. We will be very much glad to hear from you. Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

Just had a lunch buffet w/ my kids today here. Food is almost like any buffet restaurants offer. However, what I wanted to highlight and commend is the awesome and excellent customer service. Almost all staff are friendly and approachable but the ones who stood out the most were Marvelous and Chris. Never failed to offer and suggest their recommendations. This is very important specially to those who are first time customers, like us. Kudos! We will be back and maybe try it on a weekend dinner for us not to miss out on the lobster, crabs and wagyu beef, which by the way, are only available during dinner weekends.

1  Thank Edz A
Dine S, Manager at High Street Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2018

Hello there Edz!

Thank you very much for these amazing and heartwarming feedback! Indeed it is our greatest pleasure to give nothing but the best food and service to you and all our guests all the time! Indeed Marvelous and Chris, 2 of our service warriors at Highstreet Cafe will make sure that all your requests and needs will be attended and we will provide you excellent service every time! We hope your kids loved the dining experience and we can't wait to welcome you back for the weekend dinner for our Iconic dishes! See you very soon!

Reviewed 10 January 2018

I celebrated my birthday here last Tuesday and I'm disappointed. No lobsters, steaks and tempura on weekdays. Laksa is my favorite so I was so excited to try their version but sad to say here's nothing special about it. Not even close to the picture shown on their standee. Some service staff are kind to answer questions but in general, I didn't really feel welcome. Beef cheeks are surprisingly soft and taste good. I also liked their sushi and sashimi. My favorite was their dessert section plus the staff assigned also in that station was very helpful and he even explained the difference of each dessert. Drinks are not also included in the buffet. Not even tea. (if not for dessert, I will rate this 2/5)

I will probably not come back here again and will consider other hotel buffet.

Dine S, Manager at High Street Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Dear Dzein,

Happy New Year from High Street Cafe, Shangri-La the Fort Manila! First we would like to greet you again a happy birthday and thank you very much for celebrating your birthday with us. We are very sorry to hear about your experience, however we appreciate your honest feedback for our own improvement. Rest assured that all your comments are duly noted and we will definitely cascade it with the whole team. Please feel free to email us at kevinpaolo.hernandez@shangri-la.com, we hope to hear from you soon, again Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Shangri La Fort. The breakfast buffet at High Street is mostly better than the breakfast buffet at the Shangri La Makati. The only draw back was a limited selection of Fresh Fruit. The staff was great. You will like all the different stations and the food selections.

Dine S, Manager at High Street Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Hi there!

Thank you for your wonderful feedback! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast here at High street cafe. We very much appreciate that you took time and effort to write these commendations. Hope that you can try our lunch or dinner buffet as well. See you very soon!

Officer-in-Charge

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

The food was really good. I like almost all the food I ate. I would like to commend the service we received from the server assigned to us. His name was Brian and his vibrant exterior and eagerness to serve us made our dining experience better. Thank you, Brian!

Dine S, Manager at High Street Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Hello there Aira!

Thank you for your excellent feedback! We are thrilled to know that you enjoy our food here at High Street Cafe, Brian and the whole team cannot wait to welcome you back! see you very soon!

Kevin Hernanadez