“Spoilt by lack of cleanliness.”
Review of Hotel Camila

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pagadian City
Hotel Camila
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Pagadian City
Reviewed August 28, 2014

Pool and facilities are ok but the the bathroom was not clean and required some general maintenance. The staff were friendly and the location was good. The food was ok breakfast a little limited with quantity of your selection.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank MADONEUK
Jeff A, Manager at Hotel Camila, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2015

Thank you for staying at Hotel Camila!

We apologize that the bathroom needed more cleaning at that time of your visit. Our servers will be more than happy to acquaint you with our breakfast menu to suit your budget should you decide to stay with us in the future. We wish you well on your next trip!

Reviewed April 26, 2014

I stayed there last Christmas Dec2013 and it was a very great place to stay, I've stayed at the Aquarium resort Manila, Tune Hotels and many others and my stay here was just as enjoyable as them, every staff member is truly exceptional.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Joe d
Jeff A, General Manager at Hotel Camila, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review! Despite the major hurdles we have been encountering the past years, especially the shortage of electricity in our area, we are pleased that you have appreciated our facilities, amenities, hard work and dedication. This will certainly go a long way in re-energizing us to do more and to do it better. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I reserved the JTA suite for two weeks and paid in advance for it. This is a copy of the reservation confirmation of what the room had.Amenities: WIFI ready! 1 queen bed, cable TV, DVD player, mini bar, toiletries, deluxe toilet and bath with bidet, hot and cold shower, tub, air-conditioning, living room with office desk and piano, PABX telephone, daily room make-up, room service available. This is a outright lie..the toilet didn't work, the bath tub didn't work, the bidet didn't work , there was no hotwater, The shower hose was cracked and leaked all over but they did fix that, there was no mini bar, and the phones didn't work they tried to fix them but then said there was a wireing problem and they don't come clean your room unless you ask at the desk. I asked for the things to be fixed but they couldn't fix them and they had been this way for a long time one staff person told me. Finally they moved me to a cheaper room and the toilet was a problem there as well. I paid for the best room they had but they said they wouldn't give me back any money. This is a old dirty place the JTA suite had salamanders and cock roaches in it so you had to sleep with the lights on. This place is a scam there are better places and cheaper there.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel I have other people who came to the room and can verify what I have said is...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
11  Thank Jake G
Jeff A, Manager at Hotel Camila, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Sir,

We thank you for your comments and we value them very highly. Perhaps we could also relate our side of this story. Based on our best recollection, yes, it is true that you had booked the JTA Suite Room for 60% discount from our online booking system. On arrival, we were happy to welcome an elderly gentleman such as yourself accompanied by your young Filipina fiance and her extended family, which we understand you met for the first time in our city. Quite understandably, you may have been culture shocked being in an unfamiliar environment, unfamiliar language and unfamiliar culture.

You and your fiance had brought to our attention the problem with the shower and indeed, we fixed it while explaining how the different bathroom fixtures actually worked. However, you were unhappy with the room phone and on inspection by our maintenance, it did require major repair. As you wished to receive daily international calls from your mother, you requested to be transferred to a comparable room which we complied right away.

To the best of our recollection, neither you nor your fiance requested for a refund, an early check out, complained about cockroaches and salamanders, or any discomfort in your 2 weeks stay with us. Our staff recalls that your interactions with them were generally jovial and we apologize if your flashing of your Wikipedia membership card was actually a hint of your discomfort or distress. We also would like to assure you that we are a legitimate establishment with permitted and regulated by government to operate.

Having said our side, we do sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations. Rest assured that we will work harder and that may you have a more pleasant experience on your next visit to our city. We wish you all the best to you and your future wife.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I booked a Single Standard Room through their website 2 months before my scheduled visit. I chose the Flexible Rate (P680) so I could rebook my stay just in case my flight gets rescheduled.

The hotel is around 20 minutes from the airport. The only way to get there is to ride a tricycle. The ride is P50 per head. If your luggage would occupy a seat in the tricycle, you would have to pay P50 per seat. All-in-all, I paid P100.

LOCATION: good central location. Just a three minute walk to C3 (City Commercial Center) where there is a 24-hour coffee shop, and five minute walk to Gaisano Capital Pagadian, the city's largest commercial center.

TRANSPORTATION: take a tricycle to any point in downtown Pagadian City for only P10.

Upon disembarking the tricycle, the hotel's security guard asked me if I was a guest, and he brought my trolley bag to the lobby. I presented my printed voucher to the front desk personnel and they flashed smiles which were really genuine. They made me fill-up the check-in form, and asked for P800 "key deposit amount". While I was filling up the form, a glass of orange juice was given to me as a welcome drink. Check-in was a breeze. I was then given the breakfast voucher, remote for the TV, Wi-Fi password, and the key to my room, and I was escorted by one of their staff. He volunteered to bring all my luggage to my room. This hotel has an elevator.

The hotel is quite old, and it shows. If I'm not mistaken, it is the 3rd oldest hotel in Pagadian City. But when I got to my room, I was delighted that it was quite spacious for a single room. Here are my comments about the room:

- there's only 1 pillow, but it was nice and soft
- the room has a closet and drawers for your things
- the room also had a chair, and a table with a glass and a Thermos
- including the outlet for the TV, there are three power outlets where you can charge your gadgets
- hot/cold shower available
- aircon is old, its vents are nowhere to be found
- wi-Fi signal in the room is weak, the signal is strongest at the lobby
- complimentary 1 bottle of watter
- basic bathroom kit included (comb, shampoo, soap, toothbrush, toothpaste)
- 24 hour room service available
- There's a telephone in the room
- mirror beside the bed

Did I mention that they have free breakfast? Choice of Filipino/American (tocino, corned beef, hotdog, etc.) + egg. You can upgrade it to a full breakfast (bigger serving + coffee) for an additional P50

The hotel also owns Sunburst Restaurant and Zanzibar on the ground level, and Jepoy's Grill across the street, so room service includes food from these establishments. Hotel guests are entitled to free use of the pool at Zanzibar.

Overall, I had a very pleasant stay at Hotel Camila Pagadian, and at a very low price at that! Just a little sprucing up and the hotel will even be better. I won't hesitate to stay here again on my next visit to Pagadian.

Room Tip: Rooms with stronger wi-fi signal are priced a bit higher, but still reasonable
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank TheLibotero

Thank you very much sir for your detailed and balanced review! We apologize for the delay in our response here but we appreciate your feedback very much. Yes, we are one of the three, shall we say, most senior hotels in the city but our guests are pleasantly surprised that our rooms are generally more spacious and affordable for the location. We do, however, pride ourselves in that our guests always remember us for our services more than anything else. In this regard, we would like to invite you again as we have just added more facilities and amenities to our hotel, including a new rooms, dining area, and a pool. See you soon!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have the chance to experience Hotel Camila at its best when my girlfriend visited me last month to attend my brother's wedding. Since it was her first time to come over in Pagadian i decided to make it extra special. Choosing Hotel Camila is not a second thought for me for i have heard so much positive feedback already. Out of curiosity I booked a two days stay and i was simply amazed by the kind of service that i received. The front office staff is so accommodating and i could say that the service is so extraordinary. Well to make her stay more meaningful, i took her to Sunburst Fried Chicken which is just located beside the lobby of the hotel where we experienced first class fine dining at its best. And hey, the experience wasn't stop there because before we decided to go to sleep we tried Jepoys grill which is just located in front of Hotel Camila, I could not say anything more but the place and its staff is so accommodating plus the acoustic songs compliments for couples like us for its so romantic listening to love songs together with the woman you love. And because of that i and my girlfriend decided to repeat the ones in a lifetime experience when we will be having our anniversary by next year.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Melrey_12
Jeff A, Manager at Hotel Camila, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Thank you sir for the compliments! We are continually looking for ways to give our guests a pleasant experience in Pagadian City. Please also try our other branches in Dipolog and Dumaguete should you happen to pass that way. In behalf of management and our very hardworking staff, we wish you happy memories ahead!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pagadian City
0.3 km away
GV Hotel Pagadian City
GV Hotel Pagadian City
#5 of 12 in Pagadian City

Been to Hotel Camila? Share your experiences!