I booked a Single Standard Room through their website 2 months before my scheduled visit. I chose the Flexible Rate (P680) so I could rebook my stay just in case my flight gets rescheduled.
The hotel is around 20 minutes from the airport. The only way to get there is to ride a tricycle. The ride is P50 per head. If your luggage would occupy a seat in the tricycle, you would have to pay P50 per seat. All-in-all, I paid P100.
LOCATION: good central location. Just a three minute walk to C3 (City Commercial Center) where there is a 24-hour coffee shop, and five minute walk to Gaisano Capital Pagadian, the city's largest commercial center.
TRANSPORTATION: take a tricycle to any point in downtown Pagadian City for only P10.
Upon disembarking the tricycle, the hotel's security guard asked me if I was a guest, and he brought my trolley bag to the lobby. I presented my printed voucher to the front desk personnel and they flashed smiles which were really genuine. They made me fill-up the check-in form, and asked for P800 "key deposit amount". While I was filling up the form, a glass of orange juice was given to me as a welcome drink. Check-in was a breeze. I was then given the breakfast voucher, remote for the TV, Wi-Fi password, and the key to my room, and I was escorted by one of their staff. He volunteered to bring all my luggage to my room. This hotel has an elevator.
The hotel is quite old, and it shows. If I'm not mistaken, it is the 3rd oldest hotel in Pagadian City. But when I got to my room, I was delighted that it was quite spacious for a single room. Here are my comments about the room:
- there's only 1 pillow, but it was nice and soft
- the room has a closet and drawers for your things
- the room also had a chair, and a table with a glass and a Thermos
- including the outlet for the TV, there are three power outlets where you can charge your gadgets
- hot/cold shower available
- aircon is old, its vents are nowhere to be found
- wi-Fi signal in the room is weak, the signal is strongest at the lobby
- complimentary 1 bottle of watter
- basic bathroom kit included (comb, shampoo, soap, toothbrush, toothpaste)
- 24 hour room service available
- There's a telephone in the room
- mirror beside the bed
Did I mention that they have free breakfast? Choice of Filipino/American (tocino, corned beef, hotdog, etc.) + egg. You can upgrade it to a full breakfast (bigger serving + coffee) for an additional P50
The hotel also owns Sunburst Restaurant and Zanzibar on the ground level, and Jepoy's Grill across the street, so room service includes food from these establishments. Hotel guests are entitled to free use of the pool at Zanzibar.
Overall, I had a very pleasant stay at Hotel Camila Pagadian, and at a very low price at that! Just a little sprucing up and the hotel will even be better. I won't hesitate to stay here again on my next visit to Pagadian.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Camila is the flagship property of the Hotel Camila group, a chain of boutique business hotels with branches in Dipolog and Dumaguete Cities. It's centrally located in Pagadian City, has secure parking free of charge for guests, and has two restaurant outlets serving Continental, Asian, and Filipino cuisine. Due to its reasonable rates, rooms are quite in demand so book ahead. ... more less