“Feels like home and good location”
Review of Hotel Camila

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pagadian City
Hotel Camila
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Pagadian City
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I booked a Single Standard Room through their website 2 months before my scheduled visit. I chose the Flexible Rate (P680) so I could rebook my stay just in case my flight gets rescheduled.

The hotel is around 20 minutes from the airport. The only way to get there is to ride a tricycle. The ride is P50 per head. If your luggage would occupy a seat in the tricycle, you would have to pay P50 per seat. All-in-all, I paid P100.

LOCATION: good central location. Just a three minute walk to C3 (City Commercial Center) where there is a 24-hour coffee shop, and five minute walk to Gaisano Capital Pagadian, the city's largest commercial center.

TRANSPORTATION: take a tricycle to any point in downtown Pagadian City for only P10.

Upon disembarking the tricycle, the hotel's security guard asked me if I was a guest, and he brought my trolley bag to the lobby. I presented my printed voucher to the front desk personnel and they flashed smiles which were really genuine. They made me fill-up the check-in form, and asked for P800 "key deposit amount". While I was filling up the form, a glass of orange juice was given to me as a welcome drink. Check-in was a breeze. I was then given the breakfast voucher, remote for the TV, Wi-Fi password, and the key to my room, and I was escorted by one of their staff. He volunteered to bring all my luggage to my room. This hotel has an elevator.

The hotel is quite old, and it shows. If I'm not mistaken, it is the 3rd oldest hotel in Pagadian City. But when I got to my room, I was delighted that it was quite spacious for a single room. Here are my comments about the room:

- there's only 1 pillow, but it was nice and soft
- the room has a closet and drawers for your things
- the room also had a chair, and a table with a glass and a Thermos
- including the outlet for the TV, there are three power outlets where you can charge your gadgets
- hot/cold shower available
- aircon is old, its vents are nowhere to be found
- wi-Fi signal in the room is weak, the signal is strongest at the lobby
- complimentary 1 bottle of watter
- basic bathroom kit included (comb, shampoo, soap, toothbrush, toothpaste)
- 24 hour room service available
- There's a telephone in the room
- mirror beside the bed

Did I mention that they have free breakfast? Choice of Filipino/American (tocino, corned beef, hotdog, etc.) + egg. You can upgrade it to a full breakfast (bigger serving + coffee) for an additional P50

The hotel also owns Sunburst Restaurant and Zanzibar on the ground level, and Jepoy's Grill across the street, so room service includes food from these establishments. Hotel guests are entitled to free use of the pool at Zanzibar.

Overall, I had a very pleasant stay at Hotel Camila Pagadian, and at a very low price at that! Just a little sprucing up and the hotel will even be better. I won't hesitate to stay here again on my next visit to Pagadian.

Room Tip: Rooms with stronger wi-fi signal are priced a bit higher, but still reasonable
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank TheLibotero
Jeff A, Manager at Hotel Camila, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Thank you very much sir for your detailed and balanced review! We apologize for the delay in our response here but we appreciate your feedback very much. Yes, we are one of the three, shall we say, most senior hotels in the city but our guests are pleasantly surprised that our rooms are generally more spacious and affordable for the location. We do, however, pride ourselves in that our guests always remember us for our services more than anything else. In this regard, we would like to invite you again as we have just added more facilities and amenities to our hotel, including a new rooms, dining area, and a pool. See you soon!

There are newer reviews for Hotel Camila

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have the chance to experience Hotel Camila at its best when my girlfriend visited me last month to attend my brother's wedding. Since it was her first time to come over in Pagadian i decided to make it extra special. Choosing Hotel Camila is not a second thought for me for i have heard so much positive feedback already. Out of curiosity I booked a two days stay and i was simply amazed by the kind of service that i received. The front office staff is so accommodating and i could say that the service is so extraordinary. Well to make her stay more meaningful, i took her to Sunburst Fried Chicken which is just located beside the lobby of the hotel where we experienced first class fine dining at its best. And hey, the experience wasn't stop there because before we decided to go to sleep we tried Jepoys grill which is just located in front of Hotel Camila, I could not say anything more but the place and its staff is so accommodating plus the acoustic songs compliments for couples like us for its so romantic listening to love songs together with the woman you love. And because of that i and my girlfriend decided to repeat the ones in a lifetime experience when we will be having our anniversary by next year.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Melrey_12
Jeff A, Manager at Hotel Camila, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Thank you sir for the compliments! We are continually looking for ways to give our guests a pleasant experience in Pagadian City. Please also try our other branches in Dipolog and Dumaguete should you happen to pass that way. In behalf of management and our very hardworking staff, we wish you happy memories ahead!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I visited Pagadian City with my mom and aunts last March 2012. It was a trip worth remembering since it has been years since my mom and aunts has been back to the city, and it was more memorable because of our stay at Hotel Camila. Upon our arrival we were served with a cool welcoming beverage and was greeted with a very pleasant hotel personnel. We were escorted to our rooms and we were very satisfied with the rooms that we stayed in. The food at the restaurant was also very delicious and a smell of home will capture your senses when your foods will be served. At the coffee shop you could also chose from a variety of delectable pastries. The staff at the hotel were very hospitable and are always ready to assist us every time we need something. I can't wait for my next visit and stay at Hotel Camila.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Risikikay
Jeff A, General Manager at Hotel Camila, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Dear guest, thank you so much for your lovely comment! Our team is visibly energized by your feedback which will motivate us to reach new heights of excellence. We fondly remember your brief but fun stay with us early in the year. Perhaps the next time you visit, we have more recreational facilities and services for you and your family. We wish you pleasant days ahead! - HC Team

Reviewed June 29, 2011

This Hotel rates up there as one of the worst I have stayed in. When we arrived the only room we could get was the Junior Suite. It sounded nice until we started living in it. There were windows in it that looked directly at other rooms only feet away. We had to have the lights on at all times. There was no Coffee, Tea, Milk or even a kettle fo make the coffee. There was only one pathetic pillow per person and if we wanted any more pillows we would have to pay an extra 50 cents per pillow per day. In the bathroom there was only cold water available at the basin. I love cold shaves in the morning. The shower provided warm water with a low flow. In the dining room there was a tiny TV which didn't have a remote control. In the bedroom there was a larger TV that had a remote control which didn't work. The aerial cables to both TV's were broken and even after having them replaced the reception was dreadful. Each day we had to remind reception that we needed to have our room made up.

In the dining room things were not much better. They had about five waiters/waitresses standing around. We had to call them over to have our order taken. While we were waiting I spotted a RAT running aound the light fitting in the ceiling. When I informed the staff they just laughed. The next day I was sitting in the dining room for lunch and saw a large RAT running around the dining room. Nothing done again by the staff. Later in the week we found a RAT hiding behind the piano in our room.

At least some of the staff that serviced the rooms were friendly even though they were not very good at their job. My advice to people looking for a place to stay in Pagadian is STAY AWAY from Hotel Camila.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
13  Thank Wineguy1744
hotelcamilapagadian, Manager at Hotel Camila, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2011

Dear sir/ma'am, we would like to thank you very much for your candor. From your review, we have identified certain operational oversight that have slipped our attention. In fact, the management and staff held a special meeting specifically to discuss your issues point by point. We are happy to report that we have come up with an action plan to rectify these problems. Hopefully, if and when you do decide to return, we can serve you better.

Once again, we sincerely apologize that we have not been able to meet your expectations. Your feedback is very precious indeed and will certainly help us improve significantly. We wish you well on your next trip.

Reviewed May 30, 2011

I have stayed in a lot of hotels in 50 years, but never got to know the staff as well as in the Camila Hotel in Pagadian. The room and food were fine but the staff was exceptional. Each person really loves their job and is good at it. Whatever help I needed, someone could help me with wi-fi, location of bus terminal, getting a tricycle, even changing rooms for better wi-fi. Each staff member takes their time to help you. They don't rush thru an answer to your question and hurry off. And on their days off, they come to the hotel and hang-out. Because, they are all good friends on and off duty. I think a lot of this very good customer service is due to the manager's attitude. I told the manager that and she just smiled. When we left, the bellhop gave us a jar of special peanut butter. The whole staff waved to us from the front door as the hotel van took us to the airport. It was like leaving a bunch of old friends behind. I still correspond with the bellhop on Facebook because he is an old friend.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
14  Thank jsweeney88

Thank you so much, sir, for your generous feedback. We do try our very best to satisfy our guests. We look forward to your next visit!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pagadian City
82.5 km away
Royal Farm Resort
Royal Farm Resort
#2 of 7 in Dipolog

Been to Hotel Camila? Share your experiences!