“Reliable and excellent service”
Review of Village Taxis

Ranked #4 of 4 things to do in Moira
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 13 December 2017

I've used Village taxis for around 3 years - mainly for airport trips at unsociable times in the morning. The drivers have always been on time, friendly and helpful. I'll be continuing to use them and regularly recommend them to my friends and colleagues in the area.

3  Thank bigalmorton

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

I'm embarrassed to admit this but I fell asleep on the train from Belfast and ended up in Moira instead of Lisburn on the last train on a Saturday nite..... there was a village taxi at the station but couldn't help as they were there for someone else and was booked out the rest of the night as it was 2345...... feeling scared in a dark, cold and isolated station I had no option other than to take my heels off and start to walk.... 10 minutes later the same driver came back looking for me along the dark road to Moira and offered the taxi for me as they felt concerned for my safety!! I know this driver was going to be 10-15 minutes late for there next job but I was never so thankful to be given a lift, I'm sorry to the next person whom they were late for but I now realise sometimes there can be more to it when someone is not on time. Really really thankful you put my safety first before the needs of your next customer.

Gillian x

2  Thank wilsongill18
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Unpleasant & Unsafe driver - Gordon Duncan.
Booked a taxi for 12.30am from pretty marys for my wife & I. After being 35 minutes late Gordon was anything but friendly. When I confronted him after he answered two phone calls with no hands free device whilst driving he stopped the car and refused to take us home. I had to call the police who kindly did as we were only a mile from home. Amazingly he wanted paid despite the dreadful & unsafe service provided - Never Again!!!

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

I had booked a taxi for 5pm from Stoneyford, Lisburn, to Moira. At 5.20pm I called to see why my taxi had not arrived and was told that it was running late and would be with me shortly - no major problem as I was in no rush but still not ideal. I then booked a return taxi for 1.30am. At 2am I phoned to see where my taxi was and was told it would be arriving shortly. At approximately 2.20am I phoned to see what the delay was and was met with a rather abrupt and rude guy on the phone who sarcastically told me my taxi would arrive, "in precisely 5 minutes." After several ignored calls after 2.30am a taxi finally pulled up at 2.39am, an hour and nine minutes after booking the taxi. Poor time keeping and horrendous customer service. Would not recommend at all.

1  Thank Chris K