“Excellent food, a little over-priced”
Review of The Wheatsheaf

The Wheatsheaf
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Wheatsheaf sits in the heart of Burton Joyce village and offers a warm and cosy atmosphere with great quality pub dishes, served with the occasional twist. Food is served daily from midday and the bar is open until 11pm every evening where you can enjoy a superb range of ales, wines, spirits, teas and coffees. Lovely outdoor area in the Summer and cosy log burning comfort in the Winter we love to provide our guests with the warmest of experiences no matter what your occasion.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We really enjoyed our lunch here. The sea bass was perfectly cooked, and the caesar salad very fresh and tasty. Also enjoyed the ice creams and sorbet. I thought the prices were a little too dear compared to similar restaurants - particularly for the caesar salad. The service was OK. There was a table of 8 dining just before us, so there was a bit of a delay. The waitress did apologise for this.

rwhitbread1, General Manager at The Wheatsheaf, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello Jane

Very glad you enjoyed our food. I would actually agree with your comment on the Caesar Salad but alas have no control over our pricing - however it is coming off the menu from 19th April to be replaced with some super Summer dishes and salads which provide much better value and I would look forward to seeing you again soon to try these! I would also recommend signing up to our email club via our website which gives monthly offers on food and drink that would further enhance your experience!

Thank you for taking the time to review us!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Good service from Richard and his team. Friendly speedy service. A good pub restaurant menu with interesting offers. We had a fish sharing platter - a kind of fish tapas with a bottle of House wine for £20. A decent Chilean cab sov with 5 different fish dishes. What can I say? Find a better deal with better service in BJ and I’ll eat the menu card.

Thank you for this lovely review - i love your wording 'interesting offers'! There usually is something for everyone! And if you sign up to our email club via the C&B website youll get plenty more including teasers for our new menu launching 19th April.

Hope to see you again soon to carry on with the top service with quality food and value so you dont have to eat any Menus soon!

Have a great Easter

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Came with my husband and 2 kids the bar and restaurant was really busy but there were plenty of staff on and they were all really pleasant and happy to help , food was excellent also will definitely come again

HI Pinky!

Thank you for the lovely 5* review - its been (and still is being!) a busy Easter weekend for us here so its good to see were on the ball :)

Looking forward to seeing you again soon - new menu launches 19th April and its looking incredible!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Despite the atrocious weather it cleared up midday so we ventures out and had Sunday lunch. What a delight! The roast was perfect in size and the gravy!!! Had a look at the dessert menu but felt too full. Staff were good despite looking busy I was surprised how busy it was considering weather. Had a 30% voucher too from email which made it better still.

rwhitbread1, General Manager at The Wheatsheaf, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Christa

Thank yuo for such a lovely review - it certainly was a bad day outside. It definitely didnt stop guests joinging us later on but the early part of the day was very testing as staff couldnt get to work! Very glad you enjoyed your food - hopefully see you again soon when the sun is shining which shouldnt be long now!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My partner and I chose to eat here for our anniversary treat. When we arrived we waited 2 minutes by the "please wait to be seated" sign, a female member of staff made eye contact and said "I won't be a minute", 5 minutes later the couple behind us also waiting to be seated left, then a gentlemen in non-uniform made eye contact and was very rude, asked us what we were waiting for?! A table, he then kept us waiting a further 5 minutes, we asked to get a drink from the bar while we waited which also appeared to be way too much trouble, we got our drinks and continued to wait. I am not the kind of person who is bothered about a wait, but do not insult me by being rude, explain to me "thank you for waiting, we're a bit short staffed today, we will be with you as soon as we can" I would have been happy with anything along those lines, the gentlemen even made a joke about out wait time. When we finally got seated we ordered our food and it was served rather quickly and was delicious- hence the 3*. I will not be returning to the wheatsheaf to eat again, I was very disappointed with the poor level of service.

1  Thank Chanice-Marie

Hi Chanice-Marie

I would like to discuss this further with you as no one here is not in uniform, except possibly myself if you class shoes, trousers waistcoat and shirt wuth name badge as non uniform? But I honestly dont recall or would say 'what are you waiting for?' otherwise I doubt id have a job!

I do know we were extremely short staffed as 4 couldnt get in due to the adverse weather conditions so we were understaffed. This is not an excuse for poor service but im struggling to understand who it was that addressed you in this way as only myself and another male who was in uniform was working.

Please contact me on 01159313298 as I would like to invite you back here for more lovely food and to show you we arent in the habit of treating our guests in this way.

I do hope to speak to you soon
Regards