“Amazing gelato”

Ranked #13 of 54 Dessert in Cape Town
Description: Unique taste of artisanal gelateria
Description: Unique taste of artisanal gelateria
Reviewed 23 April 2018

Started by two Italians and a South African, Moro Gelato is a wonderful little stop to have gourmet gelato and beautiful chocolate with it.

I recommend the Marchese gelato - Vanilla from Tahiti with South African macadamian nut butter and caramilized almonds and a second scoop of tart gelato (like sour cherry or mango) to balance out the creaminess. This has to be one of the best gelato places I've been to.

The other flavors are typical of other gelato places, however.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

It was my first visit to Moro Gelato and I met co-owner Heine Van Wyk who lived in Italy for 15 years. He let me taste some of the flavours before I finally picked a combo of the Marchese and Mango sorbet. The taste was rich and authentic. I'm definitely going to visit Moro Gelato again soon!

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

We nipped in here en route back the car. What a lovely place! Really beautifully decorated with a lovely selection of gelato and sorbets. Best of all? The running milk or white chocolate sauce that they pour over the wafers for you. Yum!

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

We found this gelato gem whilst taking an afternoon stroll along Long street. I can honestly say they serve the best gelato i have ever tasted. Delicious flavours with a difference served by passionate staff,and to top it all, a wafer dipped in chocolate that pours from a tap to garnish your scoops. I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

You have to try it... They're sublime. Each ice cream tastes like it's namesake. The servers know their product well and can suggest interesting combinations.