“Family lunch”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 2 October 2017

We visited Sunday 23rd September for Sunday lunch,the first time for a number of years,we had excellent food which was well cooked and served with a smile.We had a starter and the carvery which had 3 meats and so many vegetables to choose from.No room for a dessert but they all looked fantastic.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Both sets of parents treated my wife and I to sunday lunch. We are reasonably local but this was my first visit and I will be back. The highlights of the food were the quality of meat and well cooked trimmings on offer to help yourself to and not just pre-plated. Good beers on pump and plenty of space for a table of six. The final pleasing part was the reasonable price for 2 courses and drinks at under £20ph.

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

We booked here for a baby shower but it was a let down I had read the reviews and decided to book here as the reviews were good . I spoke to many staff before booking to find out prices packages etc yet all were conflicting none the same ! I eventually spoke to someone who reassured me that the price she was giving was correct (which it turns out it wasn't ) the food looked pretty but so many cakes (which were very dry and hard )but hardly any sandwiches. I asked for the bill to be broken down so that I only paid for what was ordered by me and everyone else paid for anything extra themselves this was not done ! On going to pay I was charged a lot more than I was quoted and explained to the staff that this is not what I was told and that the amount is wrong and I had been told on more than one occasion that the price I was given was right ! I was told a
Manager would contact me by the Monday with regard to the payment and my upset at the food and the cost being wrong ! Yet no one contacted me I left it a couple of weeks then contacted them again to ask why no one had got back to me I was told that they were sorry and they would look into it as new management was now in ! Yet over a week later. NO reply again ! I messaged again to ask them why after a week had they not been in contact yet the message was read and ignored ! Obviously the managers previous and current are only interested in the money they get and not about repeat custom or customer care . I am very disappointed that no one took the time to contact me to resolve this and that after all the good things I had heard that my experience was so opposite to that. I won't be contacting them again about this they have had plenty of time and. MEssages from me to be able to deal with my complaint and my upset . I would not recommend to family or friends on my experience as it was poor and very disappointing!!!! Staff. Need bringing up to date with pricing so that all staff know the prices and also management need to be able to deal with complaints and for the customer to leave the griffin with a good experience of the place .bottom
Line food was poor quality and service not any better !!! And if u have a complaint dont leave without it being resolved ! As I was assured someone would be I. Touch yet nothing !

2  Thank heléne claire r
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Incredible for Higham Ferrers to have such a high quality service/menu restaurant.

Flexibility on Menu choices ..Mix and match from various menu choices

Service team beyond normal. Helpful, supportive, etc just what was needed for a party of 8 people lacking direction

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Thoroughly enjoyed our steak night meal, great tastes and first class service. Loved the ambience of bar and restaurant.