CLUB BALAI ISABEL:
Stayed just one night due to a company activity held here. I didn’t expect a room this big for the price that I paid for. The room where I was checked in (in the building across where the front desk was) had two queen beds, and a small kitchenette. Even if there was bed space for only 4 people, the entire room can fit six if additional beds/mattresses are requested.
The hotel offered us 10% discount if we booked rooms since we had an event there, but I was actually able to get a better deal (about 40% off) for the same room using an external hotel booking website.
So in a nutshell:
- The room was big and well-appointed for the price I paid.
- The aircon units and the TV were relatively new.
- The location was good, it was along the highway, easy to find.
- The staff in general were very friendly and provided hands-down very good service.
- The grounds were big, and there are aplenty activities for the water sports enthusiast.
- Parking seems to be sparse. I was lucky to get a slot near the building where I was checked in, but I was wondering how it would be during peak periods.
- Provide more directional signs inside the resort premises.
- The food was a hit/miss. Some fares tasted okay, some needed improvement.More
- Free Parking