“great litle restaurant”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

we got a warm welcome service and food where top notch and I have been to Thailand many times over 50 trips and I can say this food is just like you would get in Thailand, I had the fish cakes starter and chili and basil main with coconut rice , and sweet I had the banoffee pot , all of our party said they had lovley food washed down with plenty of singha beer , the wine list is also very good and we were pleasantly surprised at how little the bill came to

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed 30 December 2018 via mobile

Had been previously wasnt too impressed with the food came again after new management had taken over much better all round food service etc will be going there more regularly now

Date of visit: November 2018
2  Thank Socmock
Reviewed 28 December 2018 via mobile

My partner and I loved this restaurant, it is just such a shame that since Phillip has left the quality of the food has taken a turn and despite reading the current owners responses, I can not believe that they are unaware of this difference. The mixed starter was previously delicious with great flavours but this time we were served what seemed like a pre-frozen, mass-produced product. The mains whilst clearly made on site, were lacking flavour.

I hate to write this review, but I hope that management take this feedback onboard and do not cut corners in an attempt for profits, subsequently losing what previously made Nam Thai so special! Great, fresh food.

We will return again in a few months to see if there has been an improvement, I hope it does not have to be the last.

1  Thank Chris4987
Reviewed 23 December 2018

We visited as a family this Saturday afternoon and were greeted with a warm welcome and promptly seated. We ate from the 2-course lunch menu which was excellent value with good-sized portions. The chicken and cashew nuts had a good balance of meat, veg and sauce. Most importantly my wife (who was born in Thailand) confirmed her meal as authentic and delicious! Saw other families enjoying attentive service too. We'll definitely be back. Good work Nam Thai!

Reviewed 16 December 2018 via mobile

This was a wonderful Thai restaurant run by a lovely man called Philip.
Unfortunately it is currently under a new management and the food is nothing like it used to be.
My boyfriend and I were big fun of Nam Thai since it opened, but we will not go back for sure until the food improves.
I had a pad Thai that was inedable, extremely salty and left me with the idea that they might not carried away with msg.
The portions are very generous and the price are very low, but I am not prepared to compromise the quality.
One other thing I noticed is that the food is served extremely fast and comes out to you scolding hot. Perhaps too long in the microwave?
Anyhow it is such a shame that they ruined the name of a fantastic Thai restaurant, but hopefully these comments can be used by the management to review some of their food preparation techniques!
Sometimes is better to pay a little more but have a great meal without the feeling of been poisoned !

Date of visit: December 2018
Neunguk, General Manager at Nam Thai Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2018

Dear Philip’s customer.
Thank you for taking your time to write a review here. I am so sorry you didn’t enjoy your meal, but I find your complaints difficult to believe. We have made significant improvements to the restaurant since reopening in November. There is now a 4 stars food hygiene rating compared to 1 star previously. The Chefs are more professional and the ingredients used are much fresher and of a better quality. We have also improved the menu and our prices are slightly higher than before to reflect the improvement in quality.
Our food is served freshly cooked straight from the wok. We do not pre-prepare food and reheat it in the microwave. Apologies if your food was served too quickly and too hot for your liking.
Maybe Phillip used MSG, but we’re an authentic Thai restaurant and under no circumstances do we add MSG. If your food was salty it may have been mistakes by a chef with the salt or sauce.
I would like to look into your complaints further. Can you kindly contact me at namthairestaurant@gmail.com