“Pub meal”

Price range: US$5 - US$16
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Very pleasant experience. .Nice atmosphere. .very freindly staff.. very nice food and sensible priced . All in all very good I will certainly be returning.

1  Thank pugcuppy
General Manager A, Manager at The Optimist Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Hi Pugcuppy

Thanks for taking the time to review us. We're very proud to hear you had such a great experience with us. We can't wait for you to return and try more items from our great menu. Let us know if there's anything we can do to take that 4 to a 5!

Thanks

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Visited the Optimist Tavern for lunch following a long walk in the Country Park. Think the menu has changed? 2 of us had salads - superfood salad with chargrilled chicken was excellent and the salmon nicoise was very nice too. Apparently the steak and ale pie was great (but could have had a touch more gravy!). We shared an eton mess between three - a generous serving, which was a nice finish! Coffee not amazing. Staff were friendly too.

Hi Hannie

Thanks for taking the time to review us. We love the new salads too! Thanks for the feedback re the gravy and the coffee - we'll look into getting more gravy in those jugs!
We're glad the team made you welcome and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 March 2018

My wife and I tried the new menu recently and were impressed, the lamb koftas are excellent and the pork spare ribs full of flavour. The service was good thank you Sam and the atmosphere friendly, we'll be back soon.

1  Thank adastraEngland
General Manager A, Manager at The Optimist Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Hi adastra!

We love the new menu items and we're proud you do too! Great feedback like this drives the team to keep performing better each day and we'll make sure we continue to offer the quality of service you received!

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Visited the Optimist which is our local after a day out in London. Have to say we have eaten here before and been very happy with meals. However this week we were really not happy. I ordered the Burger which was supposed to have mayonnaise and coleslaw included with the lettuce red onion and tomato. When I pointed out to the waitress these two items were missing she said the mayonnaise was on the table ok fair enough but where was the coleslaw ,she then apologized and said she would mention this to the kitchen staff. I did not mention that the steak my husband had I wrapped up to take home for the dog. I did not mention the steak as I did not want to cause any more embarrassment. Its is such a shame as this is our local and we often go out to eat but I doubt very much if we will be eating here again.

General Manager A, Manager at The Optimist Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Hello Jutland2015

Thank you for taking the time to provide the valuable feedback. I have reviewed your visit which coincided with the new menu launch. There have been a few changes to the menu which have been a little confusing (including which dishes have coleslaw and mayo no longer being in burgers). We held a full staff training session last night on the new menu to ensure that there are no discrepancies moving forwards.
I will feed back to the kitchen team regarding the steak. It's harder to do retroactively but we will endeavour to provide a better dinner service moving forwards.
If you would like to return to try the new menu again, please do email us on optimisttavernupminster@emberinns.co.uk with your anticipated date and I'll ensure there's some well paired drinks available to compliment your next meal.

Thanks

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Such a lovely pub warm welcoming and friendly great value for food. Nice to here that there doing the garden up for summer work already taking place can’t wait to see the end result. Would recommend to friends and family.

General Manager A, Manager at The Optimist Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Hello motherhood30
We're so happy you had a good experience with us.
We can't wait for the new garden too! We'll be having a launch party and I hope you and your family can join us! Keep an eye on our Facebook page for details.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!