“Vegal and LGBT Friendly - What's not to love.”
Review of The V Word

The V Word
Ranked #17 of 43 Restaurants in Hessle
Reviewed 27 June 2018

We are desperately short of veggie and vegan cafes/restaurants in the Hull area, so I was excited to hear about the V Word in Hessle, especially after a recommendation from a vegan friend. We decided to make the short trip for Jamie's birthday today. The cafe is a bit out of sight, tucked away at the end of Walrus Arcade - which I had never even heard of before.

Inside is a cosy comfortable space with four tables and lounge area. There is also an excellent outdoor seating area with another four or five tables. The first thing I noticed was a rainbow flag on one table telling me this is also an LGBT friendly cafe.

We had been recommended the quiche which proved to be an excellent recommendation. Sam the owner told me the recipe is a trade secret and I can understand why. I will definitely have that again. One of the best quiches I have ever tasted. I doubt anyone would even realise it was vegan and contained no eggs.

We will definitely be back here and, if you are looking for a small friendly place to eat home cooked style vegan food, it is well worth the trip out to Hessle, even if you are not vegan.

3  Thank RikkiArundel

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

This cafe is fab. Food is delicious and very well presented. We visit as often as we can as we are not very local. They do breakfasts, burgers, salads, cake, etc etc! Vegan food at affordable prices! Get yourself here quick! Check their Facebook page for opening hours. My husband isn’t vegan (my daughter and I are) and he loves it here.

2  Thank jjpink34
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

All vegan cafe with plenty of choice and really tasty food. Reasonably priced. No frills, it’s all about the food.

3  Thank Jo M
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

This is a vegan gem in hessle. A small hippyesque cafe tucked in off prestongate has a menu full of vegan burgers etc for around £7/8. But we had the two for £9 for lunch from special board and a portion of chips for £1.50. Tea was nicely presented with non dairy milk and was only £1. We shared & enjoyed the tofu and bean in pitta and mushroom bagel. Came with a fresh salad and a choice of different sauces...there were a range of cakes (including brownie) but we resisted. Will go back when next in hessle. Recommend to all the vegans out there who are never sure what is vegan compliant.. This ALL is!

3  Thank jaseg73