“Sunday Lunch Fun”
Review of Wingfield Farm

Wingfield Farm
Ranked #4 of 9 Quick Bites in Hessle
Description: We are a family restaurant with a full menu, carvery. We also have a children's distraction area. All our cakes are homemade and are baked and made on site.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited on sunday, rang prior to visiting and told walkin only between 1230 and 7 perfect I thought I’ll take my chance. There was 9 of us and on arrival sent down to the lady in charge of families, she was very polite and explained she didn’t have a table immediately but would be around 15 minutes. We went and sat outside and waited, within 10 she came out and got us seated. Granted it was across two separate tables but being 9 of us not a problem! The carvery que was HUGE! but it was a Sunday after all!!!! But quickly got through it, tasty and hot and a free baby bowl for my little one. On the way out says by to the lady with brown hair, Chris I think she was called. All staff are polite, drinks do take about 15 minutes to come but we ordered on the app and saved us standing in a que at the bar. We will visit again, maybe in the week as I spotted kids eat for £1 Monday to Friday. What a bargain. Cheers

Date of visit: August 2021
Greene_K1ng, General Manager at Wingfield Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Morning
Thanks for your 5* review and great feedback.

I shall pass your comments to the team.

See you again soon

Tim

Write a reviewReviews (1,372)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Returning from Hull, I needed breakfast and saw the Farm, by the Humber Bridge, so stopped. I had my do with me, so was seated outside. I chose to use the app to order (eggs benedict) and then waited. Twenty minutes later my coffee arrived. Ten minutes after that, my food arrived, without cutlery, so another wait while someone fetched that. After 33 minutes I was presented with a disgusting looking Eggs Benedict; watery, powdered hollandaise sauce next to runny poached eggs and fatty ham hock. I tried it, but had to feed it to my dog! I consoled myself with a sip of coffee which was cold!
This was 11am on a Monday morning, so I saw no need for delays! Disgusted with the food and would not recommend for the terrible service.

Morning
Thanks for your feedback from your recent visit. I shall pass your comments to the team. If we can assist in anything else please can you call or email to discuss further

Thanks

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Scampi and chips served luke warm with no salad, looked like a victorian school dinner. Wife had to queue for ages for a tasteless carvery with sprouts like bullets.

Table not clean on arrival, did it myself.

Sorry just not acceptable

Date of visit: August 2021
Greene_K1ng, Manager at Wingfield Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Keithto694bj, your feedback is extremely disappointing, and I'd really like to speak to you to discuss it further. Please can you get in touch when you have a spare moment. Thanks for bringing this matter to our attention.

Reviewed 16 August 2021 via mobile

I unfortunately had the mixed grill. I couldn't cut through the "steak" as it was full of gristle and the gammon was 50% fat.
OK so it wasn't expensive however it was great either.
My partner had the standard carvery and really enjoyed it.
So note to self stick to the carvery!!

Date of visit: August 2021

We appreciate all reviews, and appreciate you giving us the chance to improve by providing us with this feedback.

Reviewed 9 August 2021 via mobile

Went here on Sunday for a dinner, was busy but we had booked previous to coming.

Seated straight away drinks came within 5 minutes, we was having the Sunday dinner, so we went up for the food which there was so much choice for the carvery

Afterward we ordered a cake each, the cakes are amazing too, I really recommend

will be returning soon

Date of visit: August 2021
Greene_K1ng, Owner at Wingfield Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2021

Morning

Thanks for your review and lovely comments. Hope to see you again soon

Tim