Sennen Rise(Sennen)
TripAdvisor
Pitchup.com
  • Free Internet
Agoda.com
All reviewssennen covebase to exploreminack theatreshower blockshort driveoutdoor poollocal areabutlinsives
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Our caravan was really big and very very clean old but clean, we booked a sun holiday for the Easter holidays I wasn’t happy at check in when I was asked for a £30 cash only deposit that would be posted back to me by check or I could collect 2 hours after check out which is at 10am, so we had to do a bit more exploring before going back at 12pm to pick my £30 up, I also ask for a receipt and this brought a puzzled look to the receptionist face, the bar, games room, bowling,swimming pool, crazy golf was not open at all, not once in our 4 night stay day or night, the staff that we saw all 3 of them where not that friendly looking, Hazel wasn’t that bad as some say on here although I only saw her for about 5 minutes max, but the 35/40 year old woman in reception was rude and when I ask where the pool was her and her friends that where sat in reception all look at me like I was a Nutter I only wanted to show my children around the park not go for a swim, this has the potential to be a lovely camp, but if you say you have things like a bar and tenpin bowling then open them if not don’t put that you have them, we didn’t stay in low season we stayed the 30th March to the 3rd April over Easter remember,

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
6  Thank Amlc06
Seaview-Hazel, Guest Relations Manager at SeaView Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

the season on the peninsular starts may bank holiday for 2 weeks
then july to beginning of September. please read our uk hols website
all the best Seaview

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Firstly I do not agree with all the bad reviews our caravan was very clean in fact the oven was gleaming now for the negatives on arrival my partner was asked for a £30 cash deposit which was only payable in cash! which she paid when she asked for a receipt she was greeted with a confused look from the member of staff and was told it would be refunded via a cheque sent in the post or she could collect it from 12pm on the day of departure 2 hours after check out ? Which we did as we were still visiting in the area when we returned we were told they had to find £30 as they had banked yesterday which is all together confusing as yesterday was a BANK HOLIDAY ? the services were never open over the entirety of our stay 4 days in total and children were disappointed as they clearly read 10 pin bowling signs which are on display the crazy golf was a gathering on dinosaurs bubble wrapped and on there sides the bar was never open the games room wasn’t open on a busy weekend all very confusing , the staff don’t seem like they want to be there a smile wouldn’t hurt and maybe a lesson in basic customer service wouldn’t go amiss saying that Hazel gets some stick on here and to be honest in the brief encounters we had with her she was pleasant enough I’d say be a bit more upfront with your advertising all these people giving negative reviews can’t be wrong if all you want to offer is caravans or touring facilities say that then perhaps the reviews will improve

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
12  Thank Brendan C

Hello
as the previous reviewer we do not have any signs saying ten pin bowling
the holiday you booked was through uk hols in the sun on there web site it says
very quiet park use us as a base to explore elsewhere lots of things to do off site.
business bank every day its called hole in the wall so they protect there premises from theft.
have you noticed it's the people who book short breaks, who don't read the short break website to see what the park is offering
that give bad reviews and there is nothing we can do. just in case they haven't we put on top of the info PLEASE READ
and as I have said before, many many times the headland which is Lands-End is not for the faint hearted in winter people come down
for the cliff top walks the views the Tate gallery the peace and quiet, the sea the sunsets but just 10mins drive away is lots of other attractions, when customers get frustrated because they have not picked the right holiday for them and perhaps the children they get
aggressive with the ladies in reception who are not employed to take the "heat" so they ask the "old lady" who retired 3 years ago to
come down and speak to the customer. she does not mind ! being from Yorkshire [plain speaking] and having worked there for over
25years before she retired , she usually starts with did you read the uk hols website and our info pack, and answers all the questions
in a truthful manner, then goes home leaving the ladies happy.
the old lady says seaview website and advertising is always truthful and honest if only people would read it and for those that do who book direct for summer holidays love it and come back year after year some coming as children then coming back with their children
everything open and sea sand and surfing dolphins in the bay and everything open, many uk hols come in the off season and are regulars know what it's like and love it they go away refreshed and ready for the busy world
all the best seaview

Reviewed 3 April 2018

This is one review I wish I did not have to write, but as a warning to others less fortunate as me. First impressions of site small carpark and reception building (compaired with others sites I have visited). Caravans very old and filthy on outside (I have been working on the sea for 45 years and can see this is not just sea spray etc, but years of neglect, site could do with a good clean up and repaired in several places, outside pool (not open till may) was covered in slime and algae. Could not see any caravans like whats in their advert. I arrived after my son and his family, I had 5 in my party including 3 grandchildren. My son was allowed in his caravan a little earlier and checked out the caravan which I also looked at. The caravan outside was filthy, to say inside was dated is an understatement no double glazing or central heating miss match bedding etc and a gas certificate 4 years out of date this made me very weary. I was not allowed to pick up keys till 1630 so we walked to lands end about one mile to kill the time (well worth a visit). On returning a polite young receptionist asked us to sign in which we did (because we knew we were only staying one night because the children had to have somewhere to sleep). Asked by receptionist for £30 cash only to cover any breakages or damage. I asked when we would it be returned then a contankerious old lady called Hazel butted in, check your terms and conditions. I asked if she expected us to wait 3hours after we must book out by 1000. she did not care saying she could post it minus a admin cost no doubt. ,Hazel said any breakages or lost items on the itenenary would be deducted, I said fine, I asked for a copy of the itenenary but she said she never had one, so I replied how do I know what was already missing or broken, on this she really flipped and said you are not going to like it here so I will give you a full refund. My son and I already paid an extra £211 each for an upgrade on top of the original cost so it came to £376;80 per family. I asked her do you expect us to travel another 7 hours to home because now had nowhere to rest, and it was good Friday, she did not care. I then went outside to try and get somewhere to stay for the night and booked into a very nice Premier Inn at Helston where they could not do enough for us (thank you to them). I then returned to reception to get my complete refund. She had changed her mind even after I told her I had to get somewhere for all of the children to stay ,she then had the cheek to say we could have the caravan given to my son because his caravan was not up to standard bearing in mind we should had been given a caravan we already paid for. I refused and asked again for my full refund as she had said but she refused and said all was recorded on her cctv ,which I replied good because it proves I was right .She still refused and I said we are going to sue her for our money because the accommodation and site was not up to what should be expected. Hazel is the most obnoxious person you could meet and only happy when taking your cash.I have photos of around the site and in the caravan which was allotted to my son, I will be suing her to get our money back as she cannot be allowed to treat people like this. Under section 75 consumer rights accommodation should be fit for the purpose, Thanks to riveria sands for saving our weekend.

Stayed: March 2018
12  Thank tugman291
Seaview-Hazel, Guest Relations Manager at SeaView Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

this is the 3rd review from the same party with the gang of boys you realy are trying i'll give you that.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Absolutely shocking place! Run by vile, rude and disgraceful owners.
Very poor park, no amenities, poor quality and very dated caravans!
Paid a lot of money (over £200 extra) then told I’d only paid £55?? Lady in the back of reception saying No Hazel!! Ripped off springs to mind for an upgrade to get an old worn out caravan with no central heating or double glazing.
Gas safety certificate on display in the caravan was 4 years out of date. When questioned Hazel said it was ok that could be ripped down! Offered for me to see a basic caravan to show the difference in the upgrade. *NOT LIKELY!*
Refused to give me my £30 damage deposit money back which you’re made to pay in cash....we’d only given her this half hour earlier when collecting the keys.
Left to find somewhere else......and we weren’t the only ones leaving either, at least 3 other families left too at the same time.
Don’t be deceived by their website photographs it’s fabricated. Swimming pool doesn’t look like it’s been used for years, grass growing out the bottom of it.
Why are there no reviews on the Facebook page and I imagine all the positive reviews on here are made up!
No manners or any idea of Customer Service whatsoever and the amount of people that must get disappointed by booking through the sun is unreal.
Will be contacting the sun holidays to make them aware as I’m sure they wouldn’t want people coming to this type of place on a sun holiday.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
11  Thank Alison P
Seaview-Hazel, Guest Relations Manager at SeaView Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Alison p and gang
yes gang
I can only say you were quite satisfied when you arrived at 12noon and only wanted to leave after another GENTLEMAN in another party arrived at 6pm the picture of a gas certificate is not ours as it says Headland caravan park Tintadgel. No other familys left as we had a full house the lady from no 75 came to ask them to be moved as she was frightened they were acting like thugs and out of control
this gang of 5 well fed lads tried there best to break the outdoor furniture stored in the tennis court. they were asked to leave reception as they were out of control and using threatening behaviour to the staff. the booking was for 2 adults and three young daughters? as to the swimming pool ...What do you do when you are a small family park and you want everything correct you hand it over to an accredited pool service company who come weekly in winter October to May and they clean and steralise and vac any leaves YES LEAVES, THERE WERE 3 then from May its checked daily were's your sense, its an outdoor pool for goodness sake. the gas certificate is in the folder in the caravan lounge dated up to 12th june 2018 , She says this type of place but I say replace that with this type of people and you get my drift I think we got away lightly you could literally feel the big sigh of re-lease when they went. Why would you bring a group of overactive lads to a quiet park were theres nothing to do but go exploring the countryside I do not know.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

My husband booked a sun holiday here for the Easter weekend for our wedding anniversary. The check in time of 4.30pm is very late and upon arrival the car park was absolutely packed with people waiting to check in.
We were checked in by a pleasant member of staff although told we might not be allowed to park on the grass as it ‘damages it’. We duly paid the £30 deposit (which is absolutely ridiculous and definitely some sort of con).
We then arrived at our caravan only to walk straight back out. It was absolutely dreadful quality; the place had an awful smell, the only source of heating was a very dubious three bar fire which we daren’t turn on as the carbon monoxide monitor was in the total wrong place, the shower was dire and dirty and the mattress on the bed was as thin as a sheet and the boiler had no glass in it, meaning a naked flame would be open in an enclosed cupboard. We both work over 60 hours a week and have very little time off together so decided to just go home after a six hour car journey.
Upon our arrival to the office to hand in our key, there was another family making similar complaints to the older woman (despite what previous LIES are in the responses to other reviews, the older woman is there and her customer service is despicable). We stated we didn’t want a refund but wanted our £30 back as we hadn’t even been in there 20 minutes. Apparently this can’t be given and has to be sent as a cheque... I question whether this is even legal and if it isn’t returned by the end of this week we will be seeking legal advice. The other family had paid £200+ for an upgrade and were in a similar caravan to ours. There was absolutely no reasoning whatsoever with this woman; she had a serious attitude problem (which if it’s the same person who responds to the reviews on here certainly corroborates this).
There was also absolutely nothing to do on site which is contrary to what’s advertised on the website. I genuinely do not want any response from the person who responds from the park on here as your responses to the 200+ terrible views are deplorable and simply show that we can’t all be wrong or liars can we?? I think this park needs a health and safety inspection urgently as I was concerned to see families checking in with young children. The sun also need to remove this site from their holidays list and I will be contacting them to let them know and to plead with them not to send any more poor people here.
The area of Land’s End is stunning and it’s a pity that this has left a very bitter taste in our mouths from our visit. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple