“Gnomes!”
Review of Gnomesville

Gnomesville
Reviewed 25 March 2018

We were doing a road trip and had been told to stop off at Gnomesville on the way. My boyfriend and I weren’t that impressed with it. It felt like quite a long detour to see them and we don’t feel it was really worth it. I have to admit there were a lot of gnomes and they stretched for a long way but I was dissapointed as so many of them were smashed. I’m glad I’ve been but I don’t think I’d go back again. However if you like gnomes, this is definitely the place to go!

All reviews
"trees"
in 15 reviews
"protest"

Reviewed 17 March 2018

1000's of different gnomes from all sorts of people & places, very poignant actually. We actually had trouble finding a spare patch for our groups' 11 gnomes, every space is filled with colourful, smiling gnomes. Few smashed ones around but I think more falling branches than vandalism.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

Like the mighty oak gnomesville started with one little gnome. Well worth a visit if you are in the area as it’s a one off attraction. Shame that some of the gnomes are broken but still worth making a detour for.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Have wanted to see this attraction for some time and finally got there over the long weekend. We arrived at the roundabout from visiting the Wellington Dam and briefly were looking for a sign only to see them opposite. Smallish carpark and Gnomes everywhere for as far as the eye could see! You need to be wearing fly repellent for the horse flies and be prepared to take time to walk around various rows of Gnomes and even up into the trees.. As we were beginning to think how neglected many areas have become (vandalism and leaves covering) we'd come across a memorial site to someone's family member. So it was giving us very mixed emotions. Children would love it and it was interesting to see so many groups represented with their Gnome groups.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 March 2018

We usually visit with the younger set who derive great pleasure and excitement from visiting the gnomes. This time our adult visitors accompanied having been told by their grandkids that they should buy a gnome and leave it at gnomesville. Last time we visited we were amazed by the numbers, this time, well it seems that the numbers have increased tenfold. Gnomes everywhere, the area has been somewhat rearranged by the Council workers, but the display stretches over 100m with little walkways between. Tree houses with gnomes, the jail, etc., etc, the hospital, vehicles. Unfortunately the results of mindless vandalism is evident; some of the older gnomes have not weathered well with age, some are brittle to the touch, but still the numbers increase. I reckon every visitor on the day left a gnome or two, probably 40plus during our 20 minute visit. Gnomesville is worth visiting as a curiosity and is probably the only site of its type in Australia. Just enjoy.