“Relaxed diving, friendly staff, beautiful diving spots”
Review of Zen Dive

Zen Dive
More attraction details
Owner description: Zen Dive Resorts are PADI 5 Star Dive Resorts strategically located on the East and North coast of Bali. On the North coast Zen Dive Resort Bali is a part of Zen Resort creating unique possibility to combine Bali's best macro diving with the island's most authentic yoga and ayurveda centre. On the East coast Zen Dive Bali - a PADI 5 Star Dive Resort conveniently located on the beach in Candidasa, is in the heart of Bali's best dive sites.
Reviewed 7 March 2016

My wife, son (OW) and I (AOW) dove with Zen dive on several sites in Northern and Eastern Bali. All with Jos.
I dive for several years on Bali and thought that I dove all sites. But Jos showed me and my friends a 'well kept secret' dive spot near the oil terminal in Padan Bai. A very relaxed and calm dive but with spectacular bio life. So ask Jos for this special dive....
An advise for a good stay near Zen dive Candidasa is Rama Candidasa hotel. Literally a one minute walk to the Zen dive, very, very relaxed! :-)
Will visit Zen dive in 2016 again.

Reviewed 17 August 2015

Want to have the ultimate combo yoga and diving... Have your break at Zen resort and dive with Zen Dive!

Date of experience: May 2015
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 9 July 2015

As guest of Rama Candidasa Resort, we tried out the Free Dive at the next-door Zen Dive, in the pool.

We have a great Dutch instructor, Jos, to guide us. We like his teaching style, slow and steady. And more importantly, he was very patient with us, similar to how a kindergarten teacher teaching a bunch of kinders lol

In fact, the free dive trial experience was really good (we felt very comfortable having Jos guiding us) that we decided to take up Discovery Dive the next day, and did a 1 open sea dive out at Rama reef

Date of experience: July 2015
2  Thank dvinet
Reviewed 4 May 2015

I chose to do my PADI open water and advanced open water course with Zen Dive and I am SO glad I did! Not only am I certified but I had so many exhilarating encounters and each dive was a different experience. The dive team, Deepa, Gede and Jessica were so amazingly patient with me and I was always confident that I was safe with them. Zen is definitely a great place for in experienced divers.

I also stayed at the Zen resort and it is also a great place to travel to if you are alone. I made many friends, both guests and staff, and there was always something to do or people to speak to.The massages are great after a long day and the food is delicious.

I will definitely be back sooner rather than later for more of the Harmony dive.

2  Thank MikaVaa
ZenHarmony, General Manager at Zen Dive, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2015

Dear dvinet,

Thank you very much for such a great review.

We do offer to all guests of Rama Candidasa Resort and Spa free try dives, and it is great that you enjoyed your experience to the point you decided to make a "real" open water dive.

Jos is part of Zen Dive team since a long time and has plenty of diving experience that he loves to share with other people.

On behalf of the Zen Dive Bali team and Jos, it was an absolute pleasure to meet you and dive with you. We sincerely hope that you will continue diving and maybe join us for some more adventures,

Warmest regards,

Jelena

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 April 2015

It's our second time diving with them, and it keeps getting better.
On the first day we went diving in Puri Jati, one of the best dives in Bali and probably the least talked about. We had the beach to ourselves, the dives were great, plenty of life including several mimic octopus in each dive (apparently it's octopus season).
On the second day we went to Menjangan island, it was really well-organized, plenty of good things to see, a really fun day of diving that included fire/electric clams in the end.
On the third day we had a full face mask presentation/trial at the hotel pool. It was really cool, this is such an interesting concept and t goes together with the whole philosophy of the resort. It was a really great experience and it something that might change the future of diving in the coming years.

1  Thank Eduardo b