Lowest prices for your stay
US$186
US$115
View deal
SAVE US$71
Official Hotel Site
US$124
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
PricelineUS$124
Hotels.comUS$115
Trip.comUS$186
3,701 results
All reviews golf course terrace bar spa break deluxe room steam room main bar lovely grounds four poster leisure facilities night break birthday treat buffet style short break plenty of parking brasserie restaurant full english bunkers bar
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 February 2020

Wonderful hotel staff are very welcoming the rooms are very clean and have everything you need for you’re stay lovely spa and a great round of golf for hubby this really was a wonderful three night stay 5stars

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
David Graham, General Manager at Dunston Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2020

Thank you emma W for your review following your visit to Dunston Hall.

I was delighted to read you and your hubby had a lovely pre Christmas break finding your room very clean, spa lovely and the staff very welcoming. The team here all work hard to ensure our guests are looked after and I know will enjoy reading your feedback.

Reviewed 24 February 2020 via mobile

Popped in on the way back from Norwich to have tea on the Terrace Lounge Bar. Staff are very friendly and helpful and while you order at the bar the drinks and food are brought to your table. There are lots of large comfortable seats to relax in. We also had the sticky toffee pudding which was delicious. Great to relax and watch the world go by.

Trip type: Traveled with family
David Graham, General Manager at Dunston Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2020

Thank you 149stuartc for your review following your visit to Dunston Hall.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your time in our Terrace Lounge Bar finding the food delicious, seats comfortable and the staff very friendly and helpful. The team here all work hard to ensure our guests are looked after and it is always rewarding when people take the time and trouble to review us.

Reviewed 24 February 2020

Firstly I am confused by some of the reviews below. I have just returned from a 1 night spa break at Dunston Hall and it was a brilliant experience from start to finish.
I booked as a surprise for a friends 30th birthday. There were 7 of us who had a 1 night stay, leasure facilities access, robes and slippers provided on arrival, a 50 min treatment, dinner and breakfast.

The building and grounds are stunning and from the receptionists at check in to the bar and restaurant staff, everyone was so friendly and helpful.

The pool area is nice although as there was so many of us we had to share sunbeds. We really enjoyed sitting in the hottub and steam room. Although the leasure facilities are not luxury, there is a nice atmosphere. The treatments in the lilac room were amazing! Everyone came out of their choice of massage feeling great and saying it was one of the best they ever had. It was nice to be able to go to the beautiful terrace bar in our robes for some fizz and lunch. It all felt relaxing and easy.
2 days before our stay the lady from the spa called to confirm our treatments and make sure there was no health issues which was a nice touch.

The food was lovely and there were menus to suit all tastes and diatry requirements. Great drink choices too. We pre booked our table so ate at 6.30 when the restaurant opened.

We had 1 family room and 2 twin rooms. Some of the hotel is a bit dated but all very clean. The spacious twin rooms looked like they had recently been updated. Showers were hot and powerful and there were toiletries and tea and coffee in the rooms.

Being only 15 mins from Norwich City centre we were also able to go out for some drinks and dancing to finish off our night.

Breakfast was nice with good selection and check out was easy.

All in all we thoroughly enjoyed our stay which was made easy and therefore, relaxing. I only dropped 1 star as the leasure facilities are not luxurious.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you Emily J for your review following your visit to Dunston Hall.

I was pleased to read you and your friends enjoyed your time with us finding your room although dated very clean, food lovely, Lilac Room treatments amazing, breakfast selection nice with a good selection and the staff friendly and helpful. The team here all work hard to ensure our guests are looked after and I know will enjoy reading your feedback.

Reviewed 24 February 2020

Putting to one side the problems that we have had trying to get them to honour their own gift cards, the carvery is currently not that good. Small meat portions, no sausages / pigs in blankets and the whole dinner was warm but certainly not hot. Small, unimaginative deserts. Service was poor and I got the impression that our waiter wasn’t sure what he was doing. You can definitely do a lot better in the area in terms of value, quality and service. Such a shame as this used to be a great place to eat and drink but I wouldn’t go back there to eat again now.

Date of stay: February 2020

Thank you Clive B for your review following your visit to the hotel.

I was sorry to read of the problems you experienced with our carvery offering. Please be assured I will be discussing your feedback with my Kitchen Brigade and Restaurant Manager so the points you raised can be addressed and the necessary training implemented.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 24 February 2020

my husband booked a night with dinner bed and breakfast for a child free night for my birthday. on arrival we were impressed with the grounds, staff were polite although were told the earliest table available was 9pm and then heard the people after us get an earlier table. first impressions of the room were ok. clean, little run down, bathroom tiles were covered in orange rusty stains and looked worn. upon trying to have a drink of water we were confronted by bright orange water that then cleared. every single time you turned on the tap the initial water was orange. I then decided to run a bath to be confronted by sand coming from both the bath and shower outlets. we ended up running this water for 45 minutes and still sand was coming out the water was also stained and looked like urine. we complained and were moved to another room just in time to make our dinner reservation. when we got back to the room I ran a bath. again the water looked like pale urine ! (at least there wasnt any sand in it) . pur friend is getting married there in december and we have a room booked but I'm tempted to cancel and have told the other guests staying that night about the issues we have had. for a 4 star hotel I really do think you should be able to use the shower /bath and be able to have a drink of water. the food was amazing and reasonably priced but for our first night away in years I really am gutted and really not looking forward to staying again. If we do stay I will not be bathing my 3 children in the water. apparently it's not on the mains and the water comes from a boar hole.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you larrykins2015 for your review following your visit to the hotel.

Whilst I was pleased to read you found my staff polite and the food amazing it was disappointing to read you had problems with the water in your room. Please be assured your comments will be discussed with my Maintenance Manager so he can address the points you raised as although our water comes from a bore hole there shouldn't be any problems with drinking of bathing.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the December for your friends wedding.