4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$83
Hotels.comUS$83
PricelineUS$70
FindHotelUS$83
HurbUS$83
StayForLongUS$109
1,755 results
All reviews golf course swimming pool leisure club lovely hotel golf break leisure facilities spa area play golf park and ride two double beds spa treatments public areas following morning lovely room norwich city centre zest bar wedding
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 July 2018

Sprowston Manor came to the rescue after another hotel we had booked for the weekend denied having any record of a booking for us and were full because they had a big wedding on!! (Think we were bumped out to free up more wedding guest rooms). Made some frantic phone calls because we needed 2 rooms and were already in Norwich and Sprowston Manor came to the rescue. Really great service from the 2 ladies on reception who even helped find us a nice restaurant in Norwich for that evening. Had lunch at the Golf Club which was nice but a little expensive and breakfast in the morning was more than adequate. Whilst the rooms were very clean and comfortable there was no air conditioning and being such a hot day the fan just re circulated warm air and not cool thus I personally spent a very hot and uncomfortable night in our room. Really think a hotel of this standard and price should have had aircon in the rooms.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2018

We had our 30th Wedding Anniversary at the Sprowston Manor and unlike another reviewer who thinks it's just for weddings, coach groups and golf groups he couldn't be further from the truth!

The reception pulled out all the stops for us - with a complimentary upgrade to a suite, complimentary fruit and a card from the management. For they really made us welcome.

The suite was huge!! Well fitted, well-equipped and we couldn't ask for more!!

We had a three-course dinner in the Cast Iron Grill with friendly and attentive service. My wife opted for the T-Bone Pork and I tried to advise her against it as some women who ordered it were struggling with it and the Pork won, same in my wife's case!!!
I opted for the Cod Loin and Pancetta and that was lovely.

I have stayed here before and forgot about the extremely soft mattresses and even softer pillows which prevented us from a really good night's sleep - never mind, the hotel was really good to us.

Breakfast is good and again served in the Cast Iron Grill, then we eventually checked out, it was a Wedding Anniversary to remember.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Mike H, Manager at Sprowston Manor Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear DaveJC

Thank you for your recent review of Sprowston Manor.

Happy 30th Wedding Anniversary!

I am so glad we have given you a stay to remember. This is what we look to achieve with all our guests and I will pass on your kind comments to all the team.

Just a note for any future bookings we can improve the firmness of the beds by adding a bed board if requested.

Look forward to looking after you and your wife in the near future.

Kind regards

Mike Harrison, Hotel Manager

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Pros: looks good on arrival with golf course and water fountain, comfy bed, huge TV, lots of rabbits on the ground, best G&T made by very plesant barman, excellent restaurant staff both at dinner and breakfast, cosy little sofa space beyond the bar perfect for pre-dinner drinks and come back for chat with a pack of cards, decent pool area with nice sauna, steam room and rainforest shower, nice steak(not on set menu), great breakfast

Cons: NO Aircon and window open only 10cm and if left open fly comes in, rough towels, no plug around beds, weddings, coach party and golf groups to dodge so getting a room and table at right place very important, avoid busy time at pool (they allow you to use it for a day after checkout), flip flops in the changing room a must because bad drainage in the shower, locker room very dated with hardly any body lotion etc

Front desk service can be alot better. On arrival i was told my request for connecting room was not there and it took them ages to give us two rooms next to each other. I have made reservation directly with the hotel and how they think family of 4 want to stay the night away from each other? WiFi access is confusing and finally I saw them bouncing a ball to the ceiling when I was making a phone call at a chair nearby. There were several of them and none of them thought it was not right or notice me covering my ear to continue my phone conversation.

Basically it's a hotel for weddings, coach groups and golf parties. So don't go if it's your special weekend type visit. Except for bar and restaurant staff, they are just doing their 'job' but not 'customer service'. If not why anybody leave damaged woodwork, slow drainage unattended and think nothing of it for a family of 4 is split into two rooms far away?

I expect an unpersonalised, standard 'we value your opinion etc' type reply below if any, because it's their 'job', and they are all right as long as they have plenty group bookings.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Mike H, Manager at Sprowston Manor Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Michiko G

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sprowston Manor Marriott Hotel &
Country Club and providing your honest feedback.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologise for falling short of meeting your expectations.

I will investigate with our reservations team why the reservation notes did not come through with your booking as we would of course always wish to allocate rooms together. The hotel rooms do not advertise air conditioning and provide all our guest rooms with fans. The windows only open a restricted amount due to safety concerns. The team here at Sprowston Manor always wishes to deliver great customer service experiences and on this occasion I am sorry you did not experience this.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to serve
you again whenever your travels bring you back to Norwich.

Kind regards

Mike Harrison, Hotel Manager

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Visited for Father's Day, was a nice meal over all, child's fish giujons where very greasy so my daughter didn't eat them, not big portions but flavoured well. Nice surroundings and decor throughout the restaurant and hotel.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2018

We stayed here for four nights as part of a coach group. The grounds are immaculate and the hotel is spotless. Our room was spacious on the 2nd floor and yes it was sometimes very warm in the room but the air conditioning fan was effective. Large comfortable beds and pillows. Buffet breaksfast was excellent and all staff were polite and efficient. We would definately stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends