“Fam trip”

Half-Day Chocolate Hills Adventure Park from Tagbilaran City
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Carmen
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Chocolate Hills Adventure Park (CHAP) is Bohol' latest adventure park for the thrill seekers and nature lovers. Nestled within the Chocolate hills natural reserve, CHAP offers various activities like the RUSH bike zip line, tree top courses, nature trails, comping, team building activities and other social events.
“Fam trip”
Reviewed January 17, 2016 via mobile

Breathtaking sceneries of chocolate hills is worth to look forward to for travellers, families..friends. It is simpy beautiful.

Visited July 2015

• Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 129 helpful votes
“Have second thoughts on safety!”
Reviewed January 1, 2016 via mobile

My family visited CHAP as a lunch stop and with the intent to try the outdoor activities advertised in the Tagbilaran Airport promotional CHAP video.

What was meant as a simple lunch stop turned into a stressful moment when my youngest child slipped and fell into the fish pond at the CHAP restaurant. As a visitor, I had no clue that there was a section that did not have a barrier! No CHAP staff on site and in sight paid attention to what was going on. Thankfully another tourist saw my child fall into the water and managed to get her after she got soaked head to toe.

After the incident, CHAP staff looked too stunned to do anything. No one would even care to retrieve my child's pair of footwear which floated away when she fell. My child became the tourist attraction as nosey onlookers wanted to know how it was possible for a child to have fallen. No CHAP representative properly checked on us if our child was all right. Not a single staff assisted me as I washed of silt from my child and got her changed in the rest room.

We wanted to try out the ropes course and other activities. I shudder at the thought that if something more serious would have happened, CHAP staff would not know or even care about how to deal with the situation.

I'd go elsewhere if it's eco-adventure you seek.

Visited December 2015
4 Thank Sinag
Pasig, Philippines
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“A different perspective on the usual Bohol tour”
Reviewed December 15, 2015

There is something in here for the whole family to enjoy. adults who are tired after walking all 240 steps to the Chocolate Hills viewdeck can gaze and feel relaxed at the butterfly gazebo. young ones with stamina to spare can enjoy all the activities this park has to offer-for an additional fee though. the P60 entrance only covers the hanging bridges and the viewdeck.

Visited December 2015
Davao City, Philippines
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Amazing place and a must see in Bohol.”
Reviewed November 29, 2015

It's one of the best places that I've been in Bohol Island and will go back again if given a chance. The next time I will go, I will definitely go swimming in that mixed fresh and salt water. To tourist who are planning to visit the Hinagdanan Cave, don't forget to bring your swimsuit.

Visited March 2015
Wellington, New Zealand
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Unplanned adventure! ”
Reviewed November 27, 2015 via mobile

Came with 3 families including 4 kids. We came just to check this place out as we didn't really plan to be adventurous on this trip. Costs 60php/head just to enter the place. Then the activities costs from 40php to 750php (the butterfly garden being the cheapest and the combo activities costing more) my husband, brother and cousin enjoyed the activities (high wire course, mini zip line and the rush bike zipline ) my 8 yr old nephew enjoyed the rock climbing and the mini zipline and my 5 year old had a go with the rock climbing which he enjoyed as well! The bike zipline is not for the faint hearted for obvious reasons. But all activities are all safe and you are oriented and harnessed before you go. Fitness and health requirements are a must as well. The butterfly garden was ... a butterfly garden, nothing fancy but our tour guide Peter made the experience worthwhile. He was very funny and knows how to manipulate our camera phones to get the best picture quality. We had buffet lunch as well which was reasonably priced (350php)

The cons :
-souvenir pictures (ie: picture from the bike.zipline)incur additional cost (150php)
-if you don't do the bike but would want a picture using your own camera, will cost 50php.
-no nappy changing facilities for babies and toddlers
-the serpentarium is not well-maintained. Could be highlighted more..

Visited November 2015
arnold v, Manager at Chocolate Hills Adventure Park, responded to this review, December 8, 2015
Dear Kat

Thank you for your comments. We have upgraded our serpentarium since then. We are also currently upgrading our lactating room to be used for nappy changing for babies. Also the photo area is a concessionaire and as I know they should charge only 100.00 for photos taken during the bike zip activity. Nevertheless, thank you for your observation and hope to see again.