Firstly, the positives. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The room is large and well appointed, very clean and comfortable.
Now the negatives:
1) there is no on-site restaurant so you have to order from culinary delights such as dominos pizza. As the take aways speak only Portuguese you either need to speak the lingo or have the reception staff place the order for you.
2) The hotel amenities are pretty poor. The swimming pool and sauna are out of order.
3) The hotel feels like a ghost town.
4) Gunshots are frequently heard.
5) Breakfast is merely adequate.
6) I booked an 'executive' room which stated on booking.com that it included an airport transfer. The hotel did not honour this so I had to sort out an uber myself at my own expense (having paid a small premium for the 'executive' room precisely for the transfer).
7) The area does not look, nor feel, safe.
8) It's 16-20 mins from the airport by taxi.
Had I known the area was quite so bad I would have opted for a longer ride in the taxi and stayed in Botafogo.More
- Free Wifi