All reviews off the highway continental breakfast yogurt the east coast stayed here half hour new brunswick great view nova scotia queen martinet floor sofa motel beds stop fridge
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

This was an unplanned stop after we exhausted ourselves driving and siteseeing. We didn't expect much, but were pleasantly surprised to find a clean room at a decent rate just when we needed it. The lady at the desk was very friendly, practicing her English on us and patiently allowing us to practice our French on her. Not a bad place to rest our heads.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank EliseB600
Marie-Claude L, Propriétaire at Motel Le Martinet, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Dear Mrs Elise,
Thank you for your comment, it is appreciated.
See you next time,
Marie-Claude

Reviewed 15 December 2017

La Pocatiere, Motel La Martinet
This was my third stay here and was so disappointed. Usually a good three star motel along the Transcanada highway. Been driving ten hours and looking forward to bed.
Receptionist said computer down and had to wait for it to be fixed.
After ten minutes she manages to find my reservation and I get a room key, wait for it! the room is not made up. So I ask the cleaning staff how long and fifteen minutes is no big deal. Come back half-hour later only beds made up and maid is telling me she needs five minutes to mop floor. OK I go for a scenic drive.
Back again hour later and the bath room towels are not delivered. So I go out to hall cart and get some towels in a really pissed off mood and finally lock my room door and crash.
This is from a motel who had my reservation a week in advance and has obvious problems with ineffective cleaning staff or poor management supervision at the motel. I'm not coming back, will not recommend, two start.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2017

While on a return journey from Nova Scotia, my friends and I become tired and needed a place for the night. We were pleasantly surprised by Le Martinet's clean, updated rooms. The beds were super queens and extremely comfortable as was the quiet surroundings. The sumptuous continental breakfast puts the large chains offerings to shame. Would highly recommend this for more than just a stopover.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2017

I stayed at Le Martinet overnight on August 22nd and arrived late. When I arrived the owner welcomed me and we talked together for a half hour. It felt like returning home. The hotel is small but it has character and warmth. I have been given the same room each time I have stayed here and the owner apologized that it was not available this time.
The new room was just as clean and comfortable as the other. The hotel is very quiet and as usual I was able to get a good night's sleep. The breakfast was delicious as usual and the sunroom where it is served is very relaxing with a great view of the surrounding area. I would definitely return here and would recommend it for those who like a comfortable motel which is just off the highway.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 22 August 2017

We booked an overnight stop here on our way to New Brunswick, the night staff woman that checked us in was great!! The room was VERY clean, updated and a nice size compared to many other places we have stayed. The area was quiet so we were able to get a good night rest. It was nice to have the free continental breakfast which even had a selection for someone in our party that has several food allergies.We will definitely stay again when going to the east coast.

Date of stay: August 2017