“Good”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 5 December 2017

A large spacious pub, it seems to be very popular all times of day. I have eaten in Wetherspoons often and often have a mixed grill, but the steak can be quite chewy but not here, I have the mixed grill twice and it was very enjoyable, also a great breakfast.

William_Withering, Manager at The William Withering, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

Hi Andy,
Thankyou for your positive feedback. I am glad you enjoy your experiences with us!

Reviewed 10 November 2017

The building is huge with statues and is spotlessly clean. Only issue was we ordered poached egg and the egg was like a bullet, not the biggest advertisement but other than that it was great!

1  Thank Cazziii
William_Withering, Manager at The William Withering, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Hi there, I'm glad you had a good experience with us. I apologise for the quality of your poached eggs, we are certain they will be much better next time you visit!
Thank you for your feed back.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Yes, I know, it's a Wetherspoons, but you can't get away from the fact that they do proper pub food, wel cooked at a very reasonable price, I mean really, at 7pm on a Friday night what more do you want....oh yeah, great beer and they do that too. We go here a lot and it never disappoints...oh and at £2.49 a pont it's even better value.

1  Thank Paul G

Hi Paul,
Thankyou for your positive feedback. We are so pleased that you enjoy your visits here.
Thankyou for visiting us

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

This Wetherspoons in nice and chilled. We had a great meal, served quickly and will return. Great selection of real ales and really cheap prices. £4.68 for a pint of Thatchers Gold and a pint of Oatmeal Stout.

1  Thank Martha G

Hi Martha,
We are so pleased you enjoyed your visit to our pub. We hope you will be returning.
Thankyou for visiting us.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

My goodness but Wellington certainly has the shops! Halfway thru our shopping for the day we popped into the Wetherspoon's to enjoy Fish Friday. It was nicely busy and tables available in different locations of the restaurant. Hubby went up to the bar to order and the young lady seemed to have a bit of trouble understanding our accent (American) as far as mushy or garden peas! We also found out this location no longer offers standard, every day Pepsi or even Diet Pepsi...Only Pepsi Max and totally do not get that. We waited a while for our food and when delivered to our table found one order only had garden peas and of course the other one was mushy peas but that was not the order. The server said he'd take care of that and off he went. I was allowed to begin eating and I will say nothing on the plate was exactly hot, like it sat back there in the kitchen for a while but I carried on and it was pretty darn good! It really did take quite some time for the corrected order to arrive but I will say hubby was better off because his food was nice and hot. Because of the error and extra wait time we were offered a Sticky Toffee Pudding (which is no longer on the Weatherspoon menu for some very odd reason) gratis and thought that very, very kind. We learned the wonderful employee is Richard who was so kindly toward us...we are not sure of his position with the William Withering but Wetherspoon's should never let him go. It was a fine lunch with a few glitches and a nice reward.