“Meat, meat and more meat!”
Review of The New Inn

The New Inn
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

If you want typical pub grub this is your place. If however you're not wanting to eat meat or are trying to be more healthy you'll struggle with the choices here as I did. I ended up with a seafood platter which was... primitive in its presentation and imagination. My partner had the vegetable curry, it was uninteresting and full of chickpeas that weren't cooked enough. Most of the staff were pleasant (except one girl who virtually threw our dessert at us!)
The sticky toffee pudding was delicious (hence the trying to eat a more healthy main!) very treacley, yumm!

Reviewed February 26, 2018

A lovely Sunday lunch in this lovely village pub. Really enjoyed a well cooked, well presented roast dinner. Staff were very friendly and professional. Great puds and a cracking red wine. Super!

Reviewed February 23, 2018 via mobile

Our first night out when we arrived as. My hubby and myself have been here before we wanted to bring rest of our family to enjoy the excellent food.We all ordered different and food came out together and it was perfectly cooked and excellent value for money. Staff who served us were friendly and professional a other good visit to the New Inn.

Reviewed February 23, 2018 via mobile

Popped in on a Thursday evening welcomed straightaway and shown to a table. Great choice on the menu and a few specials on the board.
Few tables in use already but we could have taken the dogs and eaten at the bar tables!
Waitress was fast and food cooked quickly and well we had 3 courses with no waiting around.
Would definetley recommend to others and if we were staying longer would go back again

Reviewed February 22, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I have frequented this pub for the last 4 years (mainly early doors on a Friday night) but also on other occasions like birthdays, Mother’s Day etc bringing other friends and family. But we have been most disappointed that the staff “especially the landlady” although efficient do not seem to acknowledge recognition of us as regulars nor make any form of welcoming conversation..this was most apparent and disappointing when arranging to meet relatives at The New Inn for lunch and landlady and bar staff were basically ignorant.. I am most disappointed and will now take my trade to The Buck Inn over the road where the staff make conversation and make us feel very welcome. This pub seems to attract customers but we will now take our custom and hard earned money to a pub that acknowledges and “talks” to us!! As an ex landlady and a member of the general public I think the landlady needs to “really” improve the social skills..

6  Thank Jackie S