1. Location - walking distance to everywhere, church, market, cafes, parks and tourist sites.
2. Design/Architecture - Old Spanish (bahay na bato) houses converted to a hotel, the owner was able to preserved the structure, well kept and maintained. The hotel is very charming and nostalgic. It will definitely bring you back in time.
3. Rooms - nice interior and very clean. They do disinfect everything A LOT! Well selected furniture and accessories, the 4-post bed is the highlight of most rooms. The bathroom is very clean. The bathroom fittings specially of the shower are very impressive. They used matte black vintage accessories. Towels are soft and smell fresh from laundry. They even provide you complete toiletries.
4. Food - very good specially the Famous Pinoy Dishes. We loved the bagnet, chicken adobo sa dilaw, super crispy pata and sinigang. Even their Pinoy meriendas are yummy, please try their suman with tsokolate-E! Unlimited kapeng barako during breakfast.
5. Open spaces and common areas - since pandemic, having a lot of open spaces count and now a big consideration. Paradores has a lot! They have Al Fresco Bar and Dining, a nice garden, roof deck, overlooking pool and living/dining halls. Social distancing is not a problem at all for they have SO MUCH space.
6. Last but not the least..the STAFF!!! They are reason why we enjoyed our Holiday. Special mention to the following people: Arleth, Jersa and Marianne. Everyone warmly welcomed us and made sure we are comfortable (and safe). Yes, we had some concerns during our stay but Paradores team is so great in addressing all of them and making up for it. Thank you very much for your excellent customer service.
1. Food - add more Taal specialties to the menu such as sinaing na tulingan or tawilis, Batangas Lomi, goto or arroz caldo. More selection of fruits, such as banana, mango, pineapple and watermelon.
2. Do not allow personnel to use their outside shoes inside the guest rooms. Provide slip-ons as footwear to personnel for easy wear/removal.
3. Maybe provide a safety/hygiene kits (masks, alcohol and disinfectant spray) in each rooms.