Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Whandforth
Dunnellon, Florida

Best Diving

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed May 29, 2022
I rented a single room for 6 days. It was my treat to myself. There was virtually no one there as far as divers were concerned. Three days I had the resort to myself. Elmer was my dive master. He really took care of me since I am partially crippled . My friend Niko Santos stayed there for two dives. He is also a dive master. Every one was terrific helping me get dressed for my dives. The water was so warm that I did not need a suit. So much better diving there compared to Puerto Galera. I saw most of the critters on my bucket list here. Then there was the restaurant crew. They treated me like I was the Owner of the place. Now I am a very picky eater so some I did not or could not eat. Allergies to sea food. The one complaint I had was lack of desert. Another suggestion is to set up a small store that you could buy snacks.
It was expensive for me to dive as I was the only diver in the whole resort. The beds, ac where great. If you want quiet , this is the place for you. No phones, no TV, but the internet worked most of the time.
Date of stay: May 2022
Room Tip: Ask for a room with ac.
4.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
4.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Carmela Sevilla, Owner at Portulano Dive Resort, responded to this review
Responded May 31, 2022
Hi Bill, glad you enjoyed your stay. We really wanted you to be comfortable and to be able to enjoy your dives and your stay. Take care always!
4.0 km from Portulano Dive Resort
Beachfront
International room double occupancy
  • Trip.com
7.1 km from Portulano Dive Resort
10.9 km from Portulano Dive Resort
Free parking
Front view of the resort
Priceline
        ₱3,108
      17.3 km from Portulano Dive Resort
      Pool
      View more hotels in Bauan
      All reviews dive resort read a book keep coming back no frills relaxing getaway short orders best kept secret cozy place sunset view short min puerto galera min boat ride great weekend learn how per person bring your own manila
      Selected filters
      Reviewed April 15, 2022 via mobile

The resort was beautiful. If you value peace and quality time for yourself. You come to this place. You get to know the staff and owners of the resort as well. All of the members of the staff were accommodating and friendly. However, it was not the same case with the female owner of the resort. She could have made more effort to make the guests felt more welcome.

If you're not picky or fuzzy with the food, this place is fine. However, there is a fine line between healthy food and cheap food.

I particularly like their labrador, Snork.

Date of stay: April 2022
      Trip type: Traveled with family
      Carmela Sevilla, Owner at Portulano Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2022

Dear Janine,
      I saw you gave us a low review on Tripadvisor. I'm sorry you felt negative about me, the female owner. When did you visit us? i couldn’t find your registration.

I am usually swamped and stressed with juggling resort back end duties plus homeschooling during these times and sometimes don’t have time to chat, or say hi and can't be as attentive and friendly as our dog, Snork.

For perspective, we have been running the resort on recovery mode due to the pandemic: operational restructuring, retraining, re-organisation & back end work is mostly my duty & is no walk in the park, or the beach.

Do consider also that many resort owners don't even interface with their guests, or that personalities differ. So it may not be a fair expectation and reason for a low rating.

A little "benefit of the doubt" for others always help us all move forward during these challenging times.

Reviewed March 10, 2022

Been coming here since 2017 (then pandemic happened). Always always a lovely stay! Simple, no frills quick getaway. Short straight drive from Manila, parking is readily available and safe. Short 5 min boat ride and you're already transported to this secluded place. All rooms with an ocean view. Great for solo, couple, friends. Food is great (serving, portion size, variety, and taste). You should also try the short orders for snacks! Sunset view always amazing. Try their mocktails/cocktails while sunset viewing too.

Cell signal for smart/globe working. Suggest to bring your own portable wifi if you plan to work remotely like I usually do. No prob doing zoom calls, online consults (use pldt home wifi latest ver or globe)

Got my Padi Open water license here (very thorough and proper). House reef is good, great even for non divers if you just want to snorkel. Theres a saltwater pool (usually for dive training but can also be used for just swimming). All equipment readily available for rent and use.

2 loveable labradors (Tank and Snork, between the two, itll be just Snork who will play with you).

Stay-in owners are excellent divers/instructors who will always make you feel welcome.

Do come even for an overnight stay! 💯

Date of stay: March 2022
      Trip type: Traveled solo

Thanks Mara, we're so glad you were able to get dives in despite your super busy schedule and we are glad to be part of your discovery of the underwater world. We hope to be able to do more dives together and dive trips as well!

How nice to see you getting really good at diving!

Always so good to have you over, see you soon!

Reviewed March 10, 2022

This quite resort is a best spot for scuba diving. Very relaxing and great place for a vacation. Such a nice place to get close to nature. You will surely enjoy seeing different aquatic organisms. A peaceful place to stay.

Date of stay: November 2021

Thanks for a good review, we appreciate the support! Specially during these challenging times!

Reviewed March 7, 2022

This place is lovely. The owner has beautiful taste and decorates it very well. This is not 5-star hotel, but you will find it cozy, comfortable, cute. The whole atmosphere is warm. Every person is welcoming and friendly. I feel very safe there and keep coming back.
      The rooms are different sizes and you pay per person, not for the room. Please choose wisely and count the exact number of people including kids who will travel. They need to know to accommodate you all. It's a diving resort, you can take a trial lesson and learn how to dive or you can take a whole 3 days course. They also have a kayak and paddle board.
      It's a best kept secret, so go and don't tell anyone else.

Room tip: Bigger room with aircon directly facing the ocean on 2 or 3rd deck.
      Date of stay: February 2022
      1  Thank AnastasiaP

It was great to meet you Anastasia, we are happy to be your hideout while you were here. Please please touch base and visit us again soon when you are in town!

Reviewed January 6, 2022

Portulano is one of our go-to resort for weekend diving getaways. We have been visiting them for the past 3 years, and the resort tick all the right boxes. Good food, nice shore dive, great sea view and very friendly staff (and dogs).

Highly recommended for both divers and non-divers.

Date of stay: October 2021
      1  Thank SamuelHarvey

Thanks so much for support and the review! Always glad to have you guys over you are really a great diving group! Thanks for supporting us specially during these challenging Covid times. More diving up ahead! Cheers!