All reviews dive resort the reefs internet connection mango float sea breeze shrimp metro manila lion fish chill house boat eels dove banana paradise balconies resources
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 December 2019

The resort is picturesque, clean and comfortable. The staff members are quite attentive and eager to help. The meals are authentic, fresh, and delicious. The dive master is very knowledgeable and patient. This is a perfect diving getaway.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2019

Great experience. Good communication from the staff. Got in two nice dives. The property looks like it belongs in the area and was super clean. The food was pretty decent with the pizza's being the highlight. The staff was polite and attentive to our needs.

Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed 5 June 2019

Just a day trip for us this time, just to have a couple of dives and a nice lunch. as usual the crew there are outstanding and very helpful. The local reef is a nice gentle dive to finish off a wonderful day

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2019

The main goal was to get the kids PADI certified and to refresh my own skills. But wow did I get so much more. While this is certainly a diver's paradise resort (great set up for gear and camera care) it was just as valuable and enjoyable for the non-diver in our group. Snorkling at the house reef and opportunities to use other water -related fun equipment (though, in fairness, no one did during our 3 days - too busy being non busy reading, lounging, napping).

The best was the care we received from the staff. The dive staff were helpful and knowledgeable. Elmer was a fantastic spotter, even of tiny creatures like nudi brancs and skeleton shrimp. Daisy helped us with every concern. All meals offered a good selection that all of us could enjoy. The best were the shakes we could order (extra cost but worth it). I loved the omelette to order for breakfast and the kids were very happy with the French toast and waffles. Those took a little long to wait for since the hotel was at max capacity and they were one short in the kitchen.

If I could complain about anything, it would be about the dismal water pressure in the showers. But, that's a small inconvenience on the grand scale. My son took full advantage of the hammocks for naps between dives/lessons.

A word of caution if your guests have accessibility limitations. On and off the boats and the staircases would have been prohibitive for my elderly mom.

And a cautionary note...WAZE has a listing for the resort that is not accurate. The only access is by boat, so be sure to aim for their parking lot/boat pier listing on WAZE.

Room tip: All rooms have sea view!
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
diveaddiction, Owner at Portulano Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2019

Thank you for your response, we are glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you also for understanding the limitations of being in a secluded area, water pressure being one of them. In our area getting & ensuring a good supply of water is complicated enough logistically and is top priority and part of conserving the water supply not just for ourselves but the villages nearby affects water pressure.

Reviewed 10 February 2019 via mobile

I came to Portulano with a group of friends from Manila. I have been to quite a few dive resorts along the coast in Anilao/Batangas and was expected Portulano to be similar. How wrong I was! Portulano is beautiful for divers and people looking for a retreat from the busy city. The rooms, common spaces and pool are decorated beautifully with comfortable chairs and hammocks dotted around to relax and chill on! The staff are friendly, helpful and on hand to help with any needs. Diving is beautiful in this area and on their house reef we saw many interesting corals and fish (including an electric clam!) I would highly recommend this resort, I cannot wait to return

Date of stay: February 2019