Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
Priceline
Travelocity
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

We have never been disappointed at LGT, and the welcome we receive each year is faultless. It Is lovely to see the improvements each year, with refurbishment of gourmet restaurant, and installation of air con in additional rooms. This years set menu at €24.50 represents excellent value, choice and quality. Staff are very friendly and helpful, and breakfasts offer great choice. Already looking forward to next year's visit.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank GerryM32
Hotellegrandturc, l'équipe du Grand Turc at Hotel Le Grand Turc, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2017

Dear Gerry M,

We thank you for your message, and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
It is always a pleasure to receive guests that appreciate our services, our staff and our hotel.

We have forwarded your message to all of our different services, and all of our teams look forward to welcoming you back soon.

The Grand Turc Team

Reviewed October 12, 2016 via mobile

Hotel is very Nice with good Rooms ,Make sure you have one in the Back.restaurant is good .overall a nice place to stay.nice small pool and very friendly staff.restaurant closed on Sundays.a disadvantage; there is a big factory across the road where a lot of truck passing the street

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
Hotellegrandturc, Grand Turc Tean at Hotel Le Grand Turc, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2016

Dear clients,

Thank you very much for your pleasant comment.

We hope to see you again when you come again in our area.

Have a nice day.

Kind Regards,

The Grand Turc Team

Reviewed September 27, 2016 via mobile

Disappointed that nobody was there on Sunday afternoon. Hotel is ok, rooms comfy. But no advice on eating out on Sunday. Breakfast very good on next morning. Location good for short stay. But again, don't go there on Sunday!

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2016

The hotel has been here a long time and from the street it is a little worrying. Getting into the courtyard of the complex to park requires a couple of turns. Parking in the complex is limited - street parking is available around the hotel.

They have a super nice lady at the front desk who spoke good English but she is the only employee on staff who does. There is a gent who speaks German so I communicated with him when the lady who spoke English wasn’t available.

The hotel has an elevator in the main building and stairs. Some rooms require using stairs even with the elevators. The floors in the rooms and in the hallways are very, very squeaky and you can hear people well walking in the halls or even walking in your own room. My husband woke me up early one morning. The rooms in the main building do not have AC (our’s didn’t anyway) and I noticed two rooms with windows that open into the hallway. I can’t say for sure but I have a feeling these rooms don’t have air conditioning either as I noticed someone trying to open the window in one of those rooms.

Our room had enough space - not too much but enough. It seemed very clean. There was no space for an easy chair. There is a long counter that can be used as a desk that also has a chair and a stool that is tucked under the counter. The bed felt hard when I first laid down but I slept fine.

The bathroom is large with an old style vanity counter that is unheard of in most small European hotels. There was also a bathtub which I see rarely in smaller hotels. I didn’t like that there was a large board on the floor in front of the bathtub. I was worried that I would stub my toe during the night so I left the light on in the bathroom during the night to ensure I wouldn’t. They provided soap bars and had a shampoo dispenser in the shower/tub. The internet was bad in the room but I went into a small public area on the first floor (U.S. 2nd) and found the internet to be super responsive. You do want to be sure to select the internet appropriate for your location - although the second floor (US 3rd) internet also worked in the small public area I was in.

You get ice cubes and hot water from restaurant with no difficulty. They were also very accommodating and put items into their refrigerator and freezer for me.

On our last day we were moved (upgraded) to a room in a newer building. This building has more of a motel style feel with exterior doors where the older building has interior doors off of hallways. There is an elevator for this building as well that is super modern and new. This room had AC (a wall unit) that worked very well, a tiled shower (no tub) and a vessel sink on a counter. It was noticeably different from the room in the other building. I felt as though I was in a different hotel. The internet here was very responsive. The floor space in this room was limited (probably smaller than the first room) but there was a good landing spot for luggage. The TV in this room was very small but not an issue for me as I didn’t watch TV while here.

Our room rate did not include breakfast but it was available for €11 - it was a cold breakfast and looked like it had many choices but we never had the time to get breakfast as we left each morning at 0630.

We had dinner one night (the buffet) in their restaurant. It was very well priced at €15.90 and included all you can eat salad and dessert. You pick an entree from a list of options. We all picked lasagna and our overall score for that was a “C”. The salad choices were varied and tasty and the dessert options were also good so the overall score for the meal was a “B”.

I would stay here again as the service was wonderful and the owners very friendly. I think I would pay extra for one of the air conditioned rooms int he newer building next time.

Room tip: New building is quieter and has air conditioning
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 8, 2016

We stopped of here to break the drive down to the Carcassonne area and wanted some where quite out of town. We certainly got the out of town bit. There really isn't anything here apart from this hotel, it's restaurant, and a large factory about a kilometre away. There did seem to be quite a bit of traffic through the night and so as I'm a light sleeper found the noise bit of an annoyance.

Everyone in the hotel was very friendly and the receptionist spoke very good English. The room wasn't too big but was very clean and functional, and the bathroom was very spacious and excellent. We ate in the A La Carte restaurant which looked as if it had recently been redecorated and was very nice. The food was tasty and was good value for money.

A good place to stop if you want somewhere just off the autoroute and out of town.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Hotellegrandturc, GRANDTURC TEAM at Hotel Le Grand Turc, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2016

Dear SLKMANIAC,

All the Grand Turc team thank you very much for your comment.

We really appreciate that you acknowledge our staff's performance.

We have taken into account your observations that will help us improve our services.

We will be very happy to welcome you again.

The Grand Turc Team !