“Tranquil spot in Ayampe”
Review of Otra Ola

Otra Ola
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Ayampe
More attraction details
Owner description: Otra Ola is a casual, relaxed school for travelers interested in getting closer to the authentic way of life in Ecuador. We offer the opportunity to learn Spanish, practice Yoga and surf in an idyllic setting that both enjoys and respects the vast ocean and the lush environment here in the southern coastal area of Ecuador.Otra Ola not only offers Spanish, Surf and Yoga, we now have an Organic Café. All of our food is made with fresh locally grown produce. Ecuador is known not only internationally for its irresistible roasted coffee beans but also for its cocoa. All of our chocolate delights are made with this mouth watering treat. We serve only the best Organic Coffee to our clients. If you are in the mood for a Chai, Latte, Expresso, iced Coffee, Tea whatever you need to fill your caffeine fix you can find it here. We also serve fresh Hummus made daily. Our menu may be small but it is always changing; don't hesitate to stop by everyday and see what we are creating. At Otra Ola we believe you are what you eat!!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I spent a few weeks enjoying the chilled vibes of Ayampe and visited Otra Ola on majority of those days, mostly for my fab Spanish Classes with Melany but also for the tranquil morning yoga sessions and their great Organic homemade Chai Tea and seriously amazing bliss balls!!! The local guy running the cafe, Jorge, is a true master in the kitchen. They also have surf classes and boards rentals, the couple that own the place are always around to help and advise on the waves. A must visit when in Ayampe!

All reviews
"great surf"
"different types"
"surf instructors"

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Not much in the way of full meals but great for muffins straight out of the oven. The cappuccino was a bit like a weak hot chocolate but the sweet waitress offered to put a shot of espresso in it for me. Wonderful service. This would be the place to take Spanish lessons and yoga. Very peaceful!

Canada111110, Owner at Otra Ola, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Thank you so much for the review. Just to let you know we have never intended to offer meals and our goal is to contribute to the community and not take away from other business that is why we only offer treats and drinks.
I am glad that you had great customer service we love our staff and volunteers. Thank you again for taking the time to review us. Safe travels.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

They have yoga in the am which is nice and really good snacks and drinks. The homemade granola bars are not to be missed.

Canada111110, Owner at Otra Ola, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Thank you so much Matthew for your review. We appreciate it.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped by for a cup of coffee and enjoyed an Oreo muffin as well. Both were delicious! I saw a lot of people studying Spanish or taking one on one classes. I went back another time and had their home made ice cream Nutella flavor which was amazing!! Their bliss ball was very very good as well. Overall enjoyed their pasties and a very good cup of coffee with chill vibes

Canada111110, Owner at Otra Ola, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Thank you so much Stephanie for not only stopping by Otra Ola but also for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate it so much. We are glad you enjoyed the treats. Safe travels

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

This fantastic little town really could use another yoga studio. After reading the majority of the reviews I am astonished. I went there with my girlfriend so she could join a class. Absolutely ZERO customer service. BAD vibe. It goes against the basic principals of yoga. I would be totally embarrassed if I owned that establishment... What a joke. Unfortunately, yes it is true. Please don’t let this review keep you from visiting this great little town, just don’t join a yoga class in Ayampe

Canada111110, Owner at Otra Ola, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Hi Brian
I am really really sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience with us. We have been working with volunteers in the cafe for over 4 years and I am so surprised to hear that you had bad customer service. We have been running yoga classes for over 8 years and take it seriously. This is the first time we have had feedback of this time. We really try to provide the best experience we can.