All reviews en route min walk ferry ports following morning easy access across the road sky tv good size stay there again new zealand pat unit heater gary sh1 motel hosts
Reviewed 29 August 2017

I pulled in here late at night en route to Wellington for the second Lions Rugby Test. I thought it pricey enough at nz155 per night solo but that would have been good value if there had been two or more. The room had two bedrooms one upstairs and one down. It was spotless, had cooking facilities if needed and was bright and modern. The following morning the hosts booked me a motel about ten miles away as pretty well everywhere was full presumably because of the rugby game. They told me leave my car there for the day and get the train across the road which would bring me straight to both Wellington City Centre and the Wespac Stadium. Great service at $14 return and so useful to be able to leave my car at the Spinaker. Thank you guys for making lots of phone calls to find me a place. All in all a great experience of New Zealand friendliness and hospitality after a nightmare experience at Mountain lodge motel.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed good from what I could see
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Carmel C
Reviewed 17 July 2017

Stayed here with my wife when in NZ following Lions Rugby. Picked this good value motel because of the easy access to wellington by regular (every 30 min) train service at station 10 min walk away across busy main road. Comfortable rooms were close to local restaurants on short high street. Beach 10 min away too and coast walk even worth it even if it was freezing in July!

Room Tip: Not a major issue....Try get a room away from the road junction.....
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank richardsmith7
Reviewed 3 July 2017

A warm welcome by the couple who run the place, even helped with the bags. Units are bright warm and clean. Amazing shower and nice warm bathroom, nice soft comfortable bed and plenty of blankets and pillows. Bathroom and main room had extra heaters too and you get a complimentary toiletries and tea/coffee/milk/hot chocolate. Sky Tv was a nice bonus since we've on the road for 18 months and not had the privilage since laving home. Nice little sofa and kitchen area with microwave and a few bits and pieces for basic eating in. 30 mins away from town on the train but has a pub up the road that does food if you don't fancy the ride and trains are cheap if you get a multi pass. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to others. Thanks for a great stay guys!

Room Tip: bring some earplugs as it is by the main road so if you're a little sleeper like me you'll probably need them
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Very clean unit. Took the advice of other trip advisors and asked for quiet room and we were given one. This motel is so easy to find and being right on SH1 you have to expect some noise.-We slept really well. The unit was fully equipped for our brief visit. Overall very clean and affordable.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2017

A very clean and comfortable stay here at the Spinnaker Motel. When arriving I was greeted by a very friendly staff member who knew the motel well and the surrounding area. Room was very clean, tidy, comfortable with heaps of room to move. Kitchenette was basic but functional, decent size lounge room with SKY tv, free internet, big bed, good size bathroom with lots of good hot water. The motel is positioned only a shortish drive from wellington but is also a good base to discover the coastline which is what I did. Shops and supermarket close by. Very happy with my stay and will stay here again on my next visit to the area

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo