Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 March 2018

The room that we stayed was nice but a bit dim because there is only 2 lamp shade lights for the room and one light near the door and cr. The air conditioning also is pointed directly to the bed so expect it to be much colder when laying down the bed. The room and cr is small and wifi is not great even in the first floor.

All of the negative comments mentioned above are expected for the price that we payed. What we don't like is that the staff are not accommodating, they will only stare at you when you enter the hotel, not even hi or hello. It makes us upset because we don't know what they are thinking. We are costumers, hello? show some courtesy.

They only have one job, and they failed it.

Room tip: Ground floor rooms are best to choose as usual but don't expect the internet connection to be good.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank MasinopTraveler
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Located at the heart of downtown Butuan City, everything is near from this hotel. The rooms are clean and very affordable. I did not have any trouble reserving a room. I stayed here after a long land trip from Luzon enroute to Davao City. The restaurant at the ground floor, Ribbs, has a lot of yummy dishes though I didn't find the time to sample any.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank 1sievert
Reviewed 3 March 2017

I am glad I came across Wayfarer Pension House website. I had a little chat with the friendly staffs. Its a family-owned business and it comes with home-quality food. In fact, I find the prices more affordable than it should be, every food I ordered was never compromised in its quality. I am taking the time to comment as I really appreciate how helpful and positive the environment was in my stay. Staff were courteous, polite and always find ways to meet my needs. The rooms are fairly sized for Filipinos, well Asians in general. Nevertheless, it is squeaky clean, tidy and white i must say. I thought it was a new hotel but found it is just well-maintained. The 3rd floor, I found, will be developed into rooms and conference for average-sized meetings. I project it'll look classy as the rest already are. Surely, a place to go back.

Room tip: Ask reception for 1st floor rooms, wifi signal is stronger. If transport is difficult, query staff as they are more than happy to help.
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank janwell91
Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for a night when we came from Bislig and another night after coming from Siargao. It was a lovely experience from the food and the accommodation. It didn't feel like a pension house. Our room during our second time even had a rain shower head. I loved the food especially the grilled tuna and the chocolate overload cake (it's one of the best I've had so far). My bf liked the lechon kawali. Food prices were a bit steep (comparable to Manila prices) but you get real quality. Even spent my birthday here. Location is good enough since it's near the bus/uv express terminal and about 15-20 mins by car to the airport (we travelled early in the AM). Staff are amazingly nice and courteous. My only complaint was the intermittent wifi in the rooms. Wifi in the diner was a lot more dependable. But over-all, we were satisfied customers. Will definitely stay here if in the area again.

Date of stay: January 2017
3  Thank jrlvalle25
Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

Expectation was down to minimum since we are only paying P900. I was impressed with their customer service. I filled up their form and submitted online a day before arrival, the next day someone called me - I thought they were going to ask for a deposit but they just wanted a confirmation. When we arrived, room was ready! The place is new, everything looked perfect. Bathroom was clean. Highly recommended!

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank StellaMerced