8 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline$225
Agoda.com$225
Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
Travelocity
All reviews bunk beds coron island the owner house boat fish unique experience barracuda lake magical place twin lagoon paddle boards air conditioning once in a lifetime kayangan lake an hour bamboo suite private deck local community
Selected filters
Reviewed April 20, 2022

Paolo, his staffs, and the entire team of Paolyn Houseboats were amazing. They were all very accommodating. I need a med for my motion sickness, his staff was kind to give me some. Then, they offered to buy me more in the town and also tampons because I suddenly had a period that time. That truly amaze me because they made sure that none can stop me and my friends in enjoying their place.

There are restrictions in the place like no diving and many more but we truly understand it. This is a national park, marine reserve, and a UNESCO site and as filipinos, we understand it. Of course we also need to help in protecting the place while enjoying it.

Overall, we enjoyed the place. WE DON'T WANT TO LEAVE IT. But we'll surely come back. Special shoutout to jackie, she was very accommodating to us. We will surely request her again when we come back.

Also, Lyn, Paolo's partner, she really entertained us in the restaurant and answered our questions. She was very kind.

Lastly, try their squid ink pasta (I forgot the name on the menu) IT'S THE BEST!

See you again soon, PAOLYN HOUSEBOATS!

Date of stay: April 2022
Reviewed March 31, 2022 via mobile

Wow- what an amazing experience we had at Paolyn House Boats.

Before we arrived, they were incredibly helpful answering any and all of our questions via Whattsapp- especially concerning the S Pass and any documents we needed.

All our transfer to the floating house boat was arranged before and, even though we were late, they waited and picked us up! On arrival, we were greeted by everyone with a welcome drink. Everyone helped us organise our trips and find the best spots around the island to visit.

The house boat itself is amazing! We had our own dining area and 5 sun loungers on the veranda. Attached to our house was a kayak, paddle board and peddalo so we could explore the area ourselves. The views around our house boat were incredible!

On our tour the next day, we were picked up at 7 and our breakfast was delivered to our house at 6:30 so we had enough time to enjoy it before we left. As our tour guide, Jeffrey, was a part of the tribe from Coron Island we were allowed early entrance to all of the beautiful locations on Coron Island so, for the majority of the tour, we had them all to ourselves .

The food and drink we had during our stay was amazing! We were able to choose if we ate on our own boat or in the restaurant and everyone was very accommodating to us. If we chose the house boat, our food and drinks were delivered to us.

I honestly can not recommend Paolyn house boats more! Paolo and April Lyn clearly care about everyone who works with them, the local tribe who live in the island and anyone who comes to stay!

Room tip: Message then before you arrive as you can arrange a night with the local tribe to learn about them and their traditions.
Reviewed March 30, 2022

We've been back in Manila for two days after our trip, and we are still experiencing major separation anxiety from Paolyn Houseboats and Coron Island! In fact, my kids woke up crying our first morning back. They missed Paolyn so much and wished they were back!

We had really a wonderful, immersive, and unforgettable experience! I mean, where else can you stay in a floating house in the middle of a lagoon?!

The rustic accommodations added to the back-to-basics, all-natural charm of the island. Yet, we had all the amenities one looks for in a comfortable hotel stay--electricity, clean bathrooms, hot showers, a working (marine) toilet, eco-friendly toiletries, comfortable beds, free fresh water, free wifi, air-conditioning (but you won't need it as it's windy and cool at night), room service, and more!

The service was exceptional. The staff was very well-trained, courteous, attentive, and friendly. Plus, the host and owner, Paolo, was very gracious and responsive. He extended all assistances to all our requests and questions which made planning our trip a breeze.

We loved the freshly-cooked Italian-Filipino food that they served! We know it's fresh as all ingredients to be consumed for each day is bought from the market every morning. Each generous serving is good for 2 people!

We appreciated the free use of kayaks and paddle boards which were parked right at our private deck. We used them to tour around Laknisan lagoon and the neighboring Twin Lagoons.

We dove and did cannon balls off our very own deck, dined by the sea at our private outdoor dining area, and star-gazed every night (we saw shooting stars every night!).

The tours that they offered were awesome, too! We were brought to pristine white beaches, beautiful coral gardens, fresh water lagoons, and even a hidden hot spring pool in the middle of the ocean! We were also fortunate enough to see a sea turtle! Oh, and traveling by speed boat was the cherry on top!

But what we loved most about Paolyn is its passion and attention to eco-compatibility, sustainability, and social responsibility.

Since the houseboats are essentially just big boats floating on the lagoon, no foundations were constructed that would damage the sea floor. For electricity, they use solar panels. They utilize a special drainage system which prevents waste (bath water, human waste, etc) from being discharged into the sea. Trained employees are tasked to siphon waste from collection tanks and they bring them to a treatment plant on another island. Similarly, since there is no fresh water in Coron Island, 3000 liters of fresh water is brought into the houseboats by boat every day from another island.

For the ordinary visitor like myself, running a hotel like this in the middle of a lagoon seems to be a logistical nightmare! That is why it's amazing that we didn't notice the challenges it demands as it runs like a well-oiled machine. We certainly applaud Paolo and April Lyn for keeping things going ever-so-smoothly so that their guests can enjoy the best of Coron Island, while benefitting from all the comforts of a hotel.

What really touched our hearts is that Paolyn Houseboats employ the people of the Tagbanua tribe, the dwellers of Coron Island, to be efficient hotel staff. They are paid 3 times the normal hotel staff rate to help empower the tribe and uplift their livelihood.

Staying in Paolyn is definitely not cheap--but we gladly paid top dollar for we knew that it helped support the Tagbanua tribe and it keeps Paolyn--an eco tourism marvel--running for what I hope will be years and years to come.

My family and I had the most remarkable time at Paolyn and will definitely be back to visit again one day.

**We stayed at the Bamboo suite (good for 2-6 pax) for 3 nights.

Reviewed March 29, 2022 via mobile

I chanced upon Paolyn Houseboats when I was watching Coron videos. The moment I saw the first video about Paolyn Houseboats, I was blown away. I knew I had to experience what I saw on the videos.
I, however, had a prior booking at a resort in Culion. But I took a leap of faith and messaged Paolyn Houseboats. The owner, Paolo, was so accommodating and agreed to bring us by speedboat to Paolyn Houseboats from Culion, arranged our island hopping tours and brought us back to Culion the next day.
It was the best travel decision I ever made because I had a travel experience like no other. For one, staying at a houseboat was a novel idea where it only took three steps literally to jump in the lagoon to experience a variety of fish in the clear waters...to your heart's delight.
We were upgraded to a glasshouse and treated like royalty by everyone. I was made to feel so important and special especially by the owner Paolo, manager Jen, staff Maritess and everyone at Paolyn Houseboats. My gratitude is endless to Majo the speedboat captain and Jelboy who made sure that we were safe and extremely enjoyed our island hopping and snorkelling.
Paolyn Houseboats is a paradise for water lovers like me. Bonus point is being able to visit Kayangan Lake ahead of the crowd. I had the lake all to myself. Wow! We were also able to explore Twin Lagoon on kayak...and the most heart-warming gesture they did was preparing something for my 50th birthday - a cake and a birthday song which brought me to tears.
Thank you Paolyn Houseboats for your service with a heart and a magical place that we will fall in love with again and again.

Reviewed March 27, 2022

Our entire experience from beginning to end was wonderful. The owner responded immediatly and in a highly structured way, replying comprehensivly and to the point to all the questions raised.
When we had to cancel our original booking due to one of us testing positive for COVID, the owner, Paulo, was very accomodating and changed our booking immediately to a few weeks later. He was very responsive to our communications and went out of his way to make our arrangements easier.
When we arrived on the island of Busanga, the driver was there to meet us and immediately took us to the boat docks. We took the boat to the lagoon and the scenery was spectacular. The area was so beautiful and the staff was very friendly.
We booked a tour to Lake Kayangan and Lake Barracuda. Because of the location of the houseboats, we got to Lake Kayangan before anyone else and had the entire lake to ourselves. At Lake Barracuda there were only a few other people there at the time. Then we went snorkeling and to a private beach. Our guide was very nice.
We booked another tour to go bird watching and our boat driver tried his hardest to find some birds for us. It was a very lovely time.
The food was delicious and reasonably priced. You can either eat at the main restaurant in the next lagoon or they bring it to your room/deck where you can eat in your private tiki hut. The food is prepared fresh daily from ingridients bought specifically for your order at the local market and the concept is set up to minimize any waste. We ate at both locations and it was a lot of fun.
They provide you with paddle boards, kayaks, and snorkel equipment at no extra cost. We spent quite a bit of time paddling and snorkeling around the lagoon and it was amazing.
The best part about the trip was learning about the amazing work Paolo is doing for the local community, the island, the ecosystems, and even the homeless dogs and cats on the main island. While it isn't cheap to stay here, the money is all reinvested into the community. He employs far more staff than he needs to simply to provide jobs to the tribe on the island. He pays them a better wage than they could get elsewhere. During the lockdown he supplied the tribe with rice, medicine, and medical care. He also takes on illegal fisherman to prevent them from ruining the environment. This place isn't about making money, it is about making a difference. It made us feel better to stay at a place that gives so much back.
There are so many things that made this place so great, but you can't really appreciate it without seeing it for yourself.

Room tip: If you are booking the split houseboat, book both sides. This way you won't hear your neighbors