Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$15
View deal
Travelocity$15
Hotels.com$15
Orbitz.com$15
Trip.com$15
Hurb$15
StayForLong
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 5, 2019 via mobile

Nice place to stay! It has clean and big rooms, complete toletries and their staff are very accomodating. It is located in the centro of Caramoan! Near market,terminal and souvenir shops :) And also it's justa 5min walking distance to the church.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 5, 2018

We stayed here during our first visit in Caramoan. We were on a tight budget so we searched for a budget hotel beforehand to avoid unexpected expenses. We actually did not mind comfort that much as long as it's cheap 'coz we're really on a tight budget. We did not expect much from the hotel as it was way cheaper than any other. But when we arrived at the hotel, I did not see what I was expecting because it actually has a nice and a little bit artsy ambiance. From the entrance to reception to in-house cafe, you'll find different artsy stuffs on display.

What I liked the most is their customer service. They were accommodating and very attentive to our needs. The hotel owner even allowed us to conduct an interview with her for my friend's thesis, and she's very positive and welcoming.

The hotel is just a minute walk to the highway where you could catch a tricycle bound to Brgy.Paniman where boats for island hopping can be rented.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Dea M
Reviewed March 27, 2018

During my first visit to Caramoan, I stayed at Casa Roa. It is about 50 meters away from the highway. There is an ATM machine (UCPB) nearby. There are souvenir shops along the highway near the hostel. The local parish church is 400 meters away, while the public market is 500 meters from Casa Roa.

Casa Roa is a cozy place—its main building was the former residence of its owner. The different rooms have been converted into the current accommodations. I was given the biggest room in the hostel—it seemed like it used to be the Master’s bedroom.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. They assisted me in getting a guide for the island hopping tour; the tour cost included transport from the hostel to the beach where the boat for the tour was docked. The hotel staff was helpful when I asked them about bus and boat schedules to Naga, and the mass schedule at the local parish.

My island tour ended at about 4 pm and I went back to the hostel to rest. The room was in direct contact with the glare of the afternoon sun. There were drapes but the room was still too bright and the aircon was not enough to cool the room but the temperature was still manageable; the room got a lot colder at dusk.

The room I got was at the second floor and had its own bathroom with hot and cold water, a television, plenty of drawers and shelf space for my stuff, a love seat and vanity desk, and a refrigerator (yay, cold drinks!). The toiletries they gave included soap, toothpaste, and shampoo.

The hostel has a roof deck, which had a billiards table and a dart board, which guests are free to use. There is also a drying rack there, which was useful for drying my clothes and aqua shoes after the island hopping. The hostel has indoor and outdoor dining areas at the back. The outdoor dining area was quite dim at night.

The hotel wifi was down during my visit. Nevertheless, cellular and data reception in the area is good. It was off-peak during my first visit so there were no problems with water and electricity supply.

I felt that it was worth staying at Casa Roa so when I returned to Caramoan two months later, I stayed at the hostel again.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank jblaza
Ron Francis P, Manager at La Casa Roa Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2018

Thank you for patronizing La Casa Roa Hostel.

Reviewed May 17, 2017

Traveled with a group of professionals who wanted to explore the beauty of Caramoan. Perfect stay , location and service. Delicious food served during dinner. Staff are very accommodating and polite. Highly recommended!

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank memyi2016
Reviewed March 7, 2017

What I like about his hotel is the location and the hospitality of the owner himself. The location is just a 3-minute walk from the street we were dropped off. There were also a lot of eateries/stores where you can buy food and basic necessities, and souvenir shops where you can buy tons of "pasalubong." The staff is also very accommodating, they actually arranged our tricycle going to the port and our boat going to the island, so we didn't have to make an effort just to find one. You just give them the time when you would like to be picked up and the number of islands you would like to visit. For us we were picked up at exactly 7am and we went to three different islands in Caramoan.

Though, there are a few things that I don't like about this place. First is that their room has that musty "old house" smell. Second, you can see that the place is really old and badly needs a renovation.

But overall, our stay was good and we thank the owner for being very accommodating!

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded March 12, 2017

The management of La Casa Roa Hostel appreciates and welcomes valuable comments and suggestions in order to improve our service
to our valued guests. As of now, several rooms are undergoing renovation and improvements.
The hotel has added 2 new aircon family rooms. Thank you for the concern and suggestion.