Residencia de Salvacion
US$15
Orbitz.com
Island View Lodge(Caramoan)(Great Value!)
US$25
Hotel Fina(Tabaco City)
US$36
US$20
TripAdvisor
All reviewsseafoodour tour guideisland hoppingfree breakfastguijalo portfilipino hospitalityunlimited ricevia facebookthe perfect place to staystaff for making our stayfamily get togethercomfortable roomgod blessextra effortnaga citypaniman beachpositive reviews
Reviewed 23 August 2016

I initially thought of staying at Gota Beach but then I stumbled upon Residencia's website. I was impressed with the reviews here in Tripadvisor so I immediately sent them a facebook message.

It was a very tiring 4hour bus ride but when we arrived the place, it's all worth it! We arrived around 7:30am and immediately they offered our breakfast. It was not part of the package but they didn't hesitate to give us a free meal! Egg, Hotdog and Fish! I was amazed by their hospitality and felt secured that my money will not go to waste. We then started the short trip and our tour guide was Kuya Ely! I've been to different parts of Asia, America and Europe but I can say that he is the best tour guide i've ever encountered! this is not because i'm writing on their tripadvisor page but merely because we were so impressed with his kindness and hospitality! he made sure that he gave us the proper space we need and then gave us the best time during our island hopping tours.

On the second day of the island hopping, it was unfortunately low tide but Kuya Ely made sure that we still enjoy the remaining islands. :) he's very flexible when it comes to requests and he would make sure that we are satisfied with the stay and the tour. after the long tour, he even stayed to entertain us on the dining area! he's a man of patience and energy!

I would also like to commend the other staff of RDS - the owner, Ate Myrna is REALLY accommodating. She's very down to earth and easy to talk to. She has this constant smile and she's very happy whenever she's serving her clients.

I had to wake her up around 12mn merely because I'm settling the remaining balance of the lodging. Unfortunately the one who's in charge of the Verifone is not in the area because of some family matters. Ate Myrna is not familiar with the machine but she was really patient with me and with it. We tried to troubleshoot it and we finished roughly around 1am but she was still very warm during that time. I would like to thank her for that.

As for the other staff, I'm sorry I don't remember their names anymore but the other Kuya's and Ate's were also accommodating.

I will definitely go back to this place! Not only because of Caramoan's true beauty but my priority is to experience Residencia's warm welcome again. :) Thumbs up to this place and if you are still thinking of where to stay, try their services - you'll be in awe. :)

Room Tip: Room 5 or 6. :)
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarionneJoyce D
Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

staying in the islands doesn't have to be expensive. in all of tours across the country, our accommodation at RDS is the best value for money because of:
✔️service-even if the owners were away,we were introduced to ate acol & the staff members who took care of all our needs and requests so quickly.
✔️people-everyone in RDS was friendly, courteous and accommodating. ate acol, kuya atoy and the rest of team made our stay so homey and acted like our close neighbors at home. the owners were even active in responding to our queries online since they were out of the country when we booked & stayed in RDS.
✔️lodging facility-our room & bathroom were new, spacious, clean and very comfortable to use.
✔️location-very fitting location because the property was very near the river where we had fun kayaking for free and importantly, the beach front of RDS was where we were picked up and dropped off for our island-hopping tour. so convenient and highly accessible!

i can't thank the owners and the staff enough for our worry-free, warm and hospitable stay at RDS. so many things i've read about how good RDS is and after i've proven that it's the perfect complement to staying in caramoan, i am recommending this to all tourists, whether local or foreign, since we were not treated differently. kudos to RDS and more power, accolades, citations, and awards deserving to be reaped!

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights and 3 days with 5 adults and 4 kids. We had the 2 bedrooms, the ones next to each other with the balcony view of the ocean.

We came from sto Domingo by private service van to Sabay port which took 2.5hrs and we paid for p3500, it was a 14 seater van. From Sabay port it 2hrs boat ride p120 each adult (p60 child) to Guijalo Port. Then from Guijalo Port the, our tour guide and staff of RDS - Ely, greeted us and we went on their service van and only another 30 mins drive to the resort. So all up it took 5 hrs to get there, but it was worth it!

When we arrive and checked in just before midday we got changed for our first day of island hoping. But had lunch first which was scrumptious and was generous serving! Then we were off to 4 islands which was close by. Went to famous Matukad Island but because there was filming of Suvivor Poland, some of the islands were out of bounds. But we still enjoyed every Ely took us. We also had afternoon snack while we were one of the island. We also hired some snorkels which was p150 each.

Day 2 consists of 4 more island hoping and one of them is the climbing 554 steep steps to the grotto, you don't have to if you can't but worth it! Only 3 of us made it to the top. The highlight of the day is the floating cottages where we had lunch.

In regards to the room we had 2 double bed, sofa bed, aircon and flat smart tv. There was free wifi but it was slow for my liking , shower pressure was also slow so we preferred to just use the tabo. As the whole of Caramoan is still under development the shower is sea water.. But when we were leaving they have started construction pipes for water. Do not expect 5 star as I'm not sure there is any in Caramoan. It's basic accommodation but it has all the essential needed.

We went canoeing (free) before we checked out on our third day and they also provided us lunch as take away! Very impressed with that! It was fried chicken and rice.

Staying here in a package was well worth it! You don't have to worry about buying food and it is generous serving and taste soooo good. Our last night we had seafood!

What made our stay most memorable was the genuine and kindness service provided by Ely. He was so kind to our kids and kept them entertained and safe at all times. He also knew when to just give us our space, thank you Ely. We will always be grateful in making our Caramoan a wonderful experience!

Highly recommend RDS!

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
4  Thank Sabbylicious
Reviewed 12 August 2016

Settled within a fishing community is Residencia de Salvation in Caramoan and it's a great pleasure to say how almost perfect our family vacation has been. I say almost because our 3 out of 4 days stay was dampened with bad rainy weather.

First of all the staff were so thoughtful and helpful. On our first day of arrival we got lost along the way in town and the resident manager was thoughtful enough to get in the RDS tricycle, got our visual attention and led us to the right way.

Secondly, the place of accommodation is nicely located by the sea. Well kept and clean. It's basic and very homey yet it has all the modern amenities. The room is spacious and clean. The karaoke machine kept our personal driver singing and entertained and the use of kayaks along the amazon style river was a nice experience.

Thirdly, the view is spectacular. From the rooftop it's very scenic how you can see from a distance the locals with their fishing boats. The coarse and dark beach with the waves just pounding the shoreline. The surrounding mountains, very picturesque.

Fourthly, the food! my compliments to the chef for keepin' it Bicol style. Nothing too fancy, basic and tasty. The servings were plenty and kept my family well fed. A dish that wasn't even on the menu was made for us upon request, that was nice.

Lastly, and this came on our final day, finally it was a sunny day, RDS set us on an island hoping tour. Oh my, the beautiful beaches in Caramoan. A near perfect ending to our memorable vacation.

2 thumbs way up to Residencia de Salvation!

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank trekin_w_RoNo
Reviewed 15 July 2016

We were so happy that we chose RDS during our vacation in Caramoan. The place felt like home and we were so glad that it was off season as there were only a few people checked in during our stay.

We were 7 in our group (my parents who are senior citizens, 2 kids, 3 adults). We availed their package of 3,300 per head for 3D2N and RDS gave my parents 10% discount and my son's free of charge and we couldn't be happier!

The package inclusions are the ff:
2 Family rooms (super spacious & clean, excellent wifi spot)
Full board meals with unlimited coffee, milo
Island hopping with tour guide
Pick up & drop off at Guijalo Port

We initially thought of not availing the package to save money and just get the accommodation for 1,500 a night but then since it's my 30th birthday, I wanted a hassle free vacation for me & my family. I'm glad we chose the package tour because there aren't restaurants nearby.

As for the food, they served us seafood, meat, vegetables & fruits. The servings were really big. We love the staff from the kitchen, reception (Ate Akol) & tour guide (Kuya Rene), very nice & accommodating. My mom didn't join us in our island hopping and just preferred to stay in the dining area. The staff made sure my mom's needs were all attended to while we're gone. My mom can't stop talking about that when we got back.

Wifi connection was excellent from our room down to the dining area. My father was also very thrilled that they have KTV and after being exhausted from the island hopping, we sang our hearts out and enjoyed it very much!

Overall, our stay in RDS is superb and we will definitely come back and recommend them to our friends. Thanks RDS for making our Caramoan trip memorable. God Bless & more power to your business!

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family