“Delicious, Intimate Dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 5 February 2018

This restaurant is perfect for people who enjoy close, intimate conversation. It is not a place for kids or rambunctious drunks (love both, this just isn't the place for them), it is a place where you can go to truly enjoy your time with one person or a few people. The entire restaurant only seats about 20 people, plays great music, and has beautiful decor. The food is delicious. I went twice during my last trip to Tahoe, tasted everything that was ordered by the two groups I went with, and thoroughly enjoyed every dish. I was particularly surprised by the filet mignon. I normally do not like steak, but theirs was perfectly cooked and seasoned, and was very tender. Their seafood dishes are also very good. The seafood cioppino was my particular favorite and I ordered it both times that I went.

This restaurant is absolutely lovely and worth dining at. Put the phones away, go with people you love, and I promise that you will have a really good time eating and just enjoying each other's company.

2  Thank Marci M

Reviewed 5 January 2018

I've known about this gem of a restaurant for quite awhile but I haven't had dinner ther until our last trip to South Lake Tahoe. We stayed at a hotel one block away from this hidden gem, so we walked to the this restaurant. It's is small with only 7 tables, so make a reservation! Excellention attention was given to us by our servers and what food we were served!! A very good wine list and menu awaits you....My wife and I enjoyed our meal and service so much, we went back the next night and ordered another wonderful dinner with the same result. Yes, we will be "return customers" for many dinners.........

1  Thank linda g
Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

Cafe Fiore is a a small really small Beautiful, Delicious great Italian restaurant on the south rim of LT, the service is amazing, the food fresh and classic; very nice surprise!!!they even made a capresse salad for our son and is not in the menu.

1  Thank Cinthya D
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Cozy restaurant with 7 tables. Very friendly staff and excellent food. White chocolate ice cream is the way to go for dessert.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

We had another fabulous meal at Cafe Fiore. This was the first time ever that we had to sit outside on their deck. I was a bit nervous about that as the weather was changing, but it was lovely. The deck is fully covered and there are heaters if necessary, but they were not needed.

This visit the four of us split first and main courses. We each picked a pasta and split it, and then we all split the fish. One couple had their (justifiably praised) swordfish, and one couple had the halibut special. The waiter suggested we have them prepare the halibut in the same manner and sauce as they do their swordfish, and both entrees were delicious! Most importantly we did not leave half of our fish on the plate because of all of the food.

Cafe Fiore is very flexible. If you want half portions, or if you want half a portion of fish, and let's say, half a portion of meat or chicken, they will happily do their very best to accommodate, and they actually seem to encourage you to order exactly what you would like.

Their garlic bread and the vegetable sides that come with the entrees are wonderful! I especially love their carrot puree - out of this world!

We are not big dessert eaters but we can not leave this restaurant without having their white chocolate ice cream that is made in house. It bests many gelatos I have had around the world. One order with 4 spoons was plenty for us after that large meal. The ice cream comes with berries and the combo is perfect and the portion is large.

Service is always top notch here as well. We have been enjoying Cafe Fiore for decades now and the quality of food and service never changes ..consistently great!

1  Thank Michaela