“Wonderful Evening”

Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Reviewed 24 February 2018

We were given a gift certificate to Savini, and were not that excited. We had heard little about this restaurant and tend to avoid the Grandé-Allée scene.

What we found was a lovely surprise! The décor is comfortable, a well-done mix of the old thick stone walls and very modern accents. The restaurant was very clean, pleasant and comfortable.

For an appetizer we shared Fried Calamari, it was a generous portion, crispy and enjoyable. And Salade Caprese, a huge portion of delicious mozzarella with sweet sliced roma tomatoes. Yummy.

The main course for me as the Salmon Tartare, recommended by the Chef. It was fresh and delicious served with a small salad and delicious home-made fries. My partner ordered the Green Salad - nothing amazing - but a huge portion, and a half order of the Penne Pasta with Smoked Salmon, it was exceptional! Light sauce and not too salty, nice combination of flavors. The half portion was plenty.

Dessert, it was a nice dinner out, so we had to have one. We choose the Tiramisu. It was very good. Not too sweet, interesting texture and flavors and perfect for sharing.

I think Savini could be one of my new Special Dinner Restaurants!

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Great dining spot along the grande alley outside the wall. Went there for a business meeting upstairs in one of their rooms and ended up staying for drinks and a wonderful dinner. The staff was great and the food was wonderful....one of the better beef tartare’s I’ve had in the city. They offer two levels of dining, as well as outside dining...good vibe. Will be back again

Reviewed 24 October 2017

We chose this restaurant based on atmosphere and location on Grande Allee...awesome evening spot. Tasty food, great selection and a live hoola suspension performer in the middle of the restaurant floors. Not too much damage on the bill-reasonably priced. Great for dinner, drinks, socializing and close to other bars!

1  Thank itstheweekend
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

I lunched here with a friend last week. I liked the location and atmosphere of the restaurant, and for wine enthusiasts, it does boast a very nice selection of wines. However, I was very disappointed with my meal. I ordered the gazpacho and followed by the four cheese pizza. The gazpacho was overly sweet probably due to the honey which oddly was included in the preparation of the soup, and my pizza was topped with very heavy French cheeses. I expected something more Italian. It was so decadent, that I was unable to eat more than a half of a slice. Unfortunately, there were not many options for my friend who is vegan. They prepared a rather uninteresting salad of mixed greens and a pasta dish with a simple pomodoro and basil sauce. She later confessed that both were very bland. I was also surprised by the prices of the entrees- they were unusually expensive, and the portions were very small. If you are a vegetarian or vegan, I would recommend going to another restaurant for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

This wine list was the longest that my boyfriend had ever seen, and he's a bit of a wine connoisseur. We found the wine we ordered to be okay, but we liked the pasta and the lasagna. Interesting washroom, good service, affordably priced. This restaurant is huge and offers healthy vegetarian options, if desired.