“A well-hidden culinary gem”

Restaurant Le Quartier General
Ranked #71 of 6,033 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Plateau Mont-Royal
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was my first time at Le Quartier General, a neighbourhood restaurant, offering true culinary delight. Everything from the service to the creative and delicious cuisine were beyond my expectation. Since this is a BYOB place, make sure you bring a fine bottle of wine to go with the top notch dining experience. Would highly recommend reservation. I went on a Monday night and it was packed.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Quarter General was excellent! We have had three other experiences in restaurants here and this was the BEST. The creame brûlée was the best we have found. Service and ambience was outstanding. Each wait staff was polite, courteous and gave special attention to us.

Reviewed January 28, 2018 via mobile

We had a guest in from out of town so we made a reservation (a must if you want a table). Everything from the service to every dish was fantastic and the value of the table d’hôte makes it that much better. This is a bring you own wine restaurant. I had the soup, calamari and baby pork with lemon curd dessert- each dish was spectacular and lacked nothing. Also even though is was packed full it was not loud which is unique in such a small restaurant.

Reviewed January 22, 2018

This was my third BYOW restaurant and, probably one of my favorites so far.
The service was impeccable, the lady serving us was not only smiling and very attentive, she described every plate in a manner that made each and everyone sound more appealing than the other, choosing was a real hard task!

The food was incredible, lot's of different flavors from plate to plate, unique little things i hadn't tasted before (such as the small pieces of apples poached in wine in the potage!). The portions we're very generous on top of that.

The ambiance is very nice, nothing crazy. Some dimmed lights, a bit of rustic ambiance and that's it.

I want to go back soon to see if i was just lucky on my one visit to get such service and food, because if they can keep all of that up, this is a big big winner.

1  Thank impascab
Reviewed October 31, 2017 via mobile

I have been to a few different bring-your-own-wine restaurants in Montreal and this le Quartier General is still my favourite. The service is wonderful and the food is next-level amazing. It's incredibly well priced for the multiple course dinner you are served, and being able to BYOW without having to pay a corkage fee (which is unheard of in some other cities) keeps the wallet oh so happy.
Go to this restaurant! You won't be disappointed.