“A Little Taste of French Bakery”
Review of Le Paltoquet

Le Paltoquet
Ranked #52 of 89 Bakeries in Montreal
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Outremont
Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

This very little coffee shop has excellent croissants and coffee. Although the place is not the best looking inside, the food is very good. The staff is helpful, fast and friendly. We strongly recommend the croissant garni and the brioche with marmelade.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Read that this was one of the best places for croissants in Montreal. Was not disappointed. Croissants were flaky and buttery with a crisp crust. A bit smaller than most croissants in the city but delicious. We had ours with scrambled eggs inside. Yummy. Breakfast came with a bit of fruit on the side. Sat outside and enjoyed our breakfast with a cafe au lait. Very reasonably priced as well. The smell of freshly baked croissants as you enter this small, quaint restaurant is intoxicating and we walked out with some croissants for later. Highly recommend. Will be back.

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Wow!!! This is not my first time to this french croissant place. Been there many times and today was a special occasion my friends are having a brunch tomorrow and I volunteered picking up some croissant. Unbeknownst to me today is French citizens voting day in Outremont and the streets were filled with French people. So after waiting in line 15 minutes for my turn I ordered a dozen croissants and was told that because there was a line of people behind me I could only purchase 6 croissants so basically leave some for the others... Hey I am all about sharing but Business is business!!! First come first serve unless you put up a sign that you can't purchase more then 6!!! Please! What if I had tried to buy the last sandwich or cake...would they say sorry we need some the others!!! So tomorrow when I see my friends I have to tell them the story of how 6 will enjoy Premiere moisson croissant and 6 others the Paltoquet ones!!! I can't believe I drove from the west island to pickup these F.... croissants and could have picked up 12 from Premiere moissons without restrictions! Waste of My time! Last time I make the drive ! Now I have to go to Premiere moisson to pick up 6 more! What a poor business practice Paltoquet! Not worth the detour!

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

Well, one does not go there for trendy decor! Let's make this straight.

We went there yesterday in preparation for a meeting. That was a quick breakfast.
We ordered the Best Almonds Croissant we ever had on any trip.
Delicious Fabulous Incredible ☆☆☆☆☆

Decor is old with many old add's on the walls. The place is well maintained. Pastries are amazing. ..we went back for a sandwich and desert.

Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

These are croissants that need no jam. Buttery, flaky, crunchy and soft all at once. Their pattiserie is not that good, just take the croissants.