“Eclectic Cafe”
Review of Pause Cafe

Pause Cafe
Ranked #232 of 894 Restaurants in Windsor
Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

One good thing about the core of Windsor being dead during the day is that it is easy to get a parking spot next to this wonderful cafe.
I am a soup lover and each of the many times I have eaten here I was able to order a different soup all equally delicious.
My friend raves about the homemade ice cream but I think the sandwiches should be the big draw. They are imaginative takes on classics with a good bread base.
Prices are reasonable, the staff friendly and the ambiance relaxed. What more could you ask for this type of eatery?

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Always good food and food service. Homemade ice cream and cones. Also good soups and salads. Go there often and never disappointed

Reviewed 6 July 2017

A really nice bistro/cafe located right downtown with great food and good service! A quaint ambience and old-fashioned bistro feel make this a memorable place.

Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

I heard rave reviews for this place both on TripAdvisor and from locals and I was eager to check this place out! Being a vegan, it was one of the few places in Windsor that served vegan options. So, I arrived early and waited around for it to open, only to be met with DISCRIMINATION.
The owner saw my service dog and told me to get her out of here. I explained that she was a service dog and had a right to be here. He then asked, rudely, if I was blind. I said no and explained that under the Human Rights Act of Canada, I have the right to bring my service dog into any place of business without discrimination. He proceeded to call my dog a filthy animal and continued to be rude to me. At this point, there was no way this guy was getting my money, so I left!

Reviewed 25 May 2016

As we were in Windsor for a short visit we accidentally came to this place. It had a great atmosphere and the waiters were friendly. We enjoyed the dishes so much, that we had lunch there the following three days! Although i'm not really a vegetarian type, it was nice that they had very different types of salads and combinations. I really liked the panini with apple and mozzarella. If i'm ever in Canada again, and windsor for that fact i'll definitely return! Also the personal were very friendly and the place itself had a nice atmosphere. If your looking for a healthy lunch in Windsor I would definitely recommend this place! Thank you!