“Service attitude problem”

Summer's Ice Cream
Ranked #36 of 210 Dessert in Toronto
Price range: US$3 - US$6
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Proudly serving Toronto's BEST Homemade Ice Cream and Frozen Yogurt since 1984. Our family owned and operated business is what has set us apart - we want to serve the tastiest, creamiest ice cream in the city!
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for ice cream after a very nice dinner in Yorkville. When I asked for a cup he said one or two scoops I said one and he gave me only a partial one scoop. I was with another couple so did not protest. My friends asked for the same and I noticed they got a much larger scoop and he even offered them to try something for free. I am Asian and they were white. My impression was that the server had a racial bias, felt very offended.
I will not go back again or recommend my friends for icecream at this place.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Best ice cream spot in Toronto.
Location is great, services is as well.
The ice cream there is delicious.. can never say no to going to Summer’s :)

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Very convienently located and in a very nice neighborhood. The ice cream was delicious. The only problem was every time we walked near their block my 16 month old daughter kept pointing to go get ice cream.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

What I liked best about this place is that it was family run and they had a wide range of flavors that were all homemade. Personally I really enjoyed their cookies & cream and key lime pie flavors.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

The ice creams were OK, but nothing special, particularly considering the price. The milk shake was disappointing - mostly milk and little ice cream. They claimed "thick" and flavorful but it was neither, basically liquid milk. When I indicated as much to the staffer, she asked me if I knew what a milkshake was supposed to be. I walked out without another word.

1  Thank GeorgeFMarkhamON