“Dinner with former colleague”

Canoe Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Canoe Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 9,068 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: Bay and Wellington Streets
Transit: King and Bay
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Made our way to the 54th floor of the TD building 15 min ahead of our reservation time, we were warmly welcomed, they took our coats and were seated promptly, the waiter was patient and polite and delivered our drinks promptly, dinner of salads, halibut and bison steak was excellent, prices a bit high, ~$100 per person, but overall a good experience, the sky was overcast so there was no view that evening, for a very special occasion I would recommend this restaurant with its Canadian sourced and prepared menu

Write a ReviewReviews (1,677)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Was here for the winterlicious (2018)! It was already quite expensive during this foodie events.. The view was magnificent, one of two places where you can enjoy Toronto skyline while dining - the other being CN360. I got some foie gras parfait for appetizer and braised beef for main course, both of which was generally pretty good. Unfortunately, the poached pear dessert was pretty disappointing. My partner got the berry trifle and was pretty disappointing too. Maybe their entire dessert menu wasn't very great. It's definitely good choice if you visit the city for the first time and you can expect some good appetizer and entree, but I would not come for the dessert.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Plus
Amazing views of Toronto
The waiter that was servicing us was excellent
Nice bread and dip
DOWN
ALL the dishes that we ordered had deep fried and extremely oily leaves and vegetables that ruined our palette
The worst pasta I ever had in a good restaurant. It is written as risoni rissoto - in fact it's an orzo dish. It was coked so much that it's texture was like eating a soup.
The portion of the risoni rissoto was less than a portion of a starter. THE DISH WAS LISTED AS MAIN AND I PAID FOR IT 36 DOLLARS EXCEPT TAXES AND TIPS
ALL dishes were on the small size and ALL prices were on the large size.
There was no option on the credit cad machine to dial the amount of tips I WANTED to offer. Just imagine that the lowest amount that was suggested was 35 DOLLARS.
Too too too noisy open plan kitchen. Noise of Pots and pans, chefs shouting, machines and mixers overwhelmed everything.
IT'S not nice for a hostess to ask before saying hello, good evening, how are you, welcome, the question - You have a reservation?????
As a resto critic, I do not intend to repeat this experience again, if things don't get better.

1  Thank Nicos A
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is one of the best restaurants I have ever visited. The view is stunning, the food and ambiance were excellent, all around an amazing time. I can't wait to go again. Definitely great for a night out.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

But we were sat at a lopsided table away from the windows, making you feel so unimportant. I'm a passionate cook which reinforced that going out is sometimes a really bad idea when there's a choice between my home cooking and a bison that doesn't measure up to mine and duck that is gorgeously garnished with deliciousness but sadly the meat is so full of sinew, it was inedible. My friend felt bad that I was leaving it and as the bison was so disappointing thought he'd finish my duck. Unfortunately, this confirmed that it was not edible and the duck was left uneaten. Sometimes we wonder why we go out.