“Great Food”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: East End
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We were very lucky to arrive when we did, there was only two people in front of us waiting for a table, so our wait was relatively short, which was great, consider our parking spot only allowed us an hour, and with the staff’s efficiency, we were done in plenty of time. The menue has just the right amount of choices and the food is delicious. It’s like a diner style looking restaurant, with a delicious hipster menu. The flavors are outstanding. I can’t wait to visit again!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

So delicious, and the presentation was nice. Even though the coffee was the drip kind, it wasn’t just brown water, it really had some balls. This is a popular restaurant, so if you don’t want to wait a long time in line, go as early as you can, like at 8:00 in the morning. I go there at 9:00. It is worth the effort to get there early to eat. The waitstaff was pleasant. The restaurant closes at 3:00 in the afternoon, it isn’t a dinner place. Takeout only durIng the week. Never on weekends when it is busy.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We waited in line for almost an hour after reading so many incredible reviews. Wasn’t at all what I expected. It was good but not overly delicious. Portion size was ok but with the eggs benny, they weren’t generous with their Hollandaise sauce. Recommend you try

Reviewed 10 February 2018

As a hardcore foodie I get wind of all kinds of great places to go and this one was touted as a "must". The food, apparently, is magnificent and the place is always packed, in fact in nice weather I understand line ups are not unusual.
So the obvious question to ask is why did I not stay? The answer is easy - CHILDREN. Don't get me wrong, my son and daughter have been going to restaurants since they were breast feeding (another story, another time) BUT we were properly prepared with toys, games, crayons etc and they were catered to, attended to and we were in and out in 45 minutes. Oh! You thought the children were the problem? Heavens no. It's 75% of the PARENTS who need the training. Kids are just kids. What do you expect? Plus do you really think a three year old cares if the spinach on your Florentine eggs is fresh? LOL ....NOT!!
ANYWAY! Lady Marmalade is likely a culinary delight to excite any taste bud but when I went the noise level rivalled a taxing 747 and the chaos looked like the zoo keepers cart had spilled inside the monkey exhibit. WAY too many children. I mean, I get it! Their brunch is supposed to be amazing and if you have kids then it's hard to get out at night so why not do something WITH them?
Me? I'll wait until i have grandchildren then i can go and show all those wannabe hipsters how it's done. MY grandchildren will dine in style and we will ALL enjoy the experience, even the tables near us! (I'll bring extra crayons and colouring books!)

1  Thank MrMastino
Reviewed 9 February 2018

I don't frequent the Leslieville area of Toronto, but I'm so glad to have found this gem!
This restaurant is very popular for breakfast and lunch, so be prepared to wait for a table. Our group had breakfast, but the breakfast and lunch menus are both available all day.
Eggs, standard breakfast items, and Mexican dishes for breakfast. Soups and salads for lunch.
The service staff was exceptional and the food was fresh, hot and delicious.
I loved the Huevos Rancheritos!
The Eggs Benedict addict in our group said her bennys were perfect.
We plan to become regulars.